Lace Cake

Decorating By Wishfulthinking Updated 5 Dec 2006 , 2:53am by Wishfulthinking

Wishfulthinking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wishfulthinking Posted 4 Dec 2006 , 6:24am
post #1 of 15

HELP!!! I have been requested to do a lace cake. And I have no idea how to do this. Does anyone have any suggestions for me especially since it will be my first lace cake. Does anyone have any templates for lace? Or have any pictures they could share with me would be greatly appreciated.
THANKS

14 replies
tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 4 Dec 2006 , 6:41am
post #2 of 15

Try www.sugarcraft.com, they have lace molds to use with fondant or gumpaste.

moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 4 Dec 2006 , 4:25pm
post #3 of 15

Do you have any examples??

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 4 Dec 2006 , 4:30pm
post #4 of 15

No, sorry. Iv'e only seen examples in the wedding cake gallery. Sugarcraft has different kinds of lace patterns. The person wants a cake that has lace on it? Sugarcraft also shows pictures. When you pull up the molds you have to click on pictures and it will show you each one.

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 4 Dec 2006 , 4:38pm
post #5 of 15

you can use a piece of real lace to imprint on fresh fondant or buttercream with a roller, or you can use fondant, cut edges with a roller that cuts in a squiggly line (whats that called?), use the round icing tips to punch out holes or other designs. then use royal icing or buttercream to pipe tiny bead borders around all the holes and edges. gives an eyelet lace appearance.

this might be different than what you need, but are useful ideas i have seen.

does the person mean cornelli lace? that is just icing drawn in close squiggly lines all over making a nice pattern.

Wishfulthinking Posted 4 Dec 2006 , 6:58pm
post #6 of 15

No I don't have any examples. And cornelli lace I can handle, but she just keeps telling me that she wants a lacey pretty cake for her daughters baptism. I can do flowers, but lace is another story. I have looked on the galleries for pictures, but I am not really finding anything. Even if I could find a picture of a lacey cake I could maybe improvise. If anyone knows where I might be able to find a picture, or if anyone has a picture it would help me greatly. I can't order anything online I don't have enough time.

Thanks

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 4 Dec 2006 , 7:03pm
post #7 of 15

Here is a cake I did that was all Cornelli lace ~ could you incorporate that into a cake for her? This one was for a bridal shower I will post another one I did that might work too.

Loucinda Posted 4 Dec 2006 , 7:08pm
post #8 of 15

Here is the 2nd one. (the first one was all buttercream)

This one was done covering the cake with fondant and then doing the Cornelli with buttercream and fondant roses.

khoudek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khoudek Posted 4 Dec 2006 , 7:12pm
post #9 of 15

maybe you could try rolling out a square piece of fondant and apply cornelli lace onto it, but leave a space in the middle for something like " God gives us little blessing like (name of child). This could become a baby blanket you could drape over the iced cake. Then decorate the top of the blanket with 3d baby items like a baby bottle or toy blocks or rattle or all.

pinkorchid50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkorchid50 Posted 4 Dec 2006 , 7:17pm
post #10 of 15

Did you mean lace like theseicon_confused.gif
LL
LL

Loucinda Posted 4 Dec 2006 , 7:24pm
post #11 of 15

Those are nice lace cakes ~ they look like the ones prettycake makes. Are they done with a mold or by pressing real lace into the fondant?

pinkorchid50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkorchid50 Posted 4 Dec 2006 , 7:27pm
post #12 of 15

Yes, these are Prettycakes photos.. I saved them.

These are made from Fondant molds.. www.elegantlacemolds.com
have a good selection.. icon_smile.gif

Karenelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karenelli Posted 4 Dec 2006 , 11:58pm
post #13 of 15

Wishfulthinking,
I have done a couple of cakes with the lace effect. Check under my photos and if any are what you are looking for, let me know and I can tell you how I did them. Just pm me.

cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 12:45am
post #14 of 15

I think cornelli lace would make for a beautiful lacey cake! It would all be in how you present it! You could make scallops on your cake and pipe cornelli within them! There are so many options to present cornelli lace especially if you don't have time to purchase lace molds!

I personally don't care for the lace mold look! A fondant lace applique just doesn't look as delicate as a lace effect done by hand with bc or royal! With the right piping tips and design and royal icing or bc, you can make the perfect lace look without a mold! JMHO!!!

Amy

Wishfulthinking Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 2:53am
post #15 of 15

yes thank you for the pictures of prettycake's. That is what I am looking for I think. Thank you to everyone who has posted to my question. You all have definatly helped. THANK YOU!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%