No Show - What To Do?

Decorating By allissweets Updated 15 Jan 2007 , 6:33pm by chaptlps

allissweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allissweets Posted 10 Dec 2006 , 10:33pm
post #61 of 80

STILL NO SHOW! I figured many of you were dying to know - but she never arrived today! No emails, no phone calls either.

This goes in my record book as one of the oddest and most bewildering things to ever happen to me!

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 10 Dec 2006 , 10:37pm
post #62 of 80

Oh wow, this sure is odd!! Hope she is fine!!!

darcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darcat Posted 10 Dec 2006 , 11:36pm
post #63 of 80

Yikes that is bizarre. I can see getting the dates mixed up or some people are rude enough just to decide to go with someone else even if they ordered with you but jeeze she paid in advance in full so this is very weird. The only thing I can think of is an emergency out of town or something happend to the woman herself.

tracy702 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracy702 Posted 10 Dec 2006 , 11:47pm
post #64 of 80

I agree with darcat. Something might have happen to her. If something did happen - it could be that no one else knew where or from whom she ordered a cake. If you ever hear from her - let us know, I am curious as to why she didn't come.

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 11 Dec 2006 , 12:53am
post #65 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by allissweets

STILL NO SHOW! I figured many of you were dying to know - but she never arrived today! No emails, no phone calls either.

This goes in my record book as one of the oddest and most bewildering things to ever happen to me!

I can't believe you still don't know...this is the wierdest thread ever...
Like everyone else....I am so curious to know what happened. icon_smile.gif

Do you know anyone with children the little boy's age? Maybe they go to school together or know one another? So wierd!!!

nglez09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nglez09 Posted 11 Dec 2006 , 12:59am
post #66 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmriga

Does she have your telephone number, or was this done in person? If she has your number, then she is responsible for contacting you in the event of any emergency, car break down, etc.

I would give her until 3:30 to contact you. She already paid you, so it's not like you are getting stiffed.

But then, I don't have any reason to leave my home today, so if she doesn't show up by 4, and the cake is chocolate, she is out of luck.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Lol.

Did she ever get in contact with you?

allissweets Posted 11 Dec 2006 , 2:58am
post #67 of 80

I can't believe you still don't know...this is the wierdest thread ever...
Like everyone else....I am so curious to know what happened. icon_smile.gif

Do you know anyone with children the little boy's age? Maybe they go to school together or know one another? So wierd!!![/quote]

She lives in another city, and I really don't know anyone from there. My husband works in a nearby town, so I gave him her address and told him to drive past her house one day - just to see if it actually exists! LOL My best guess at this point is that she made a mistake, perhaps booked two cake orders, and doesn't care about losing her money. ??? Maybe she's just not the type to give me a courtesy "sorry about the confusion" phone call? Who knows...it's a strange situation!

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 11 Dec 2006 , 3:49am
post #68 of 80

real information:
1. a woman orders a cake for a small child's party, pays for it and never shows up to pick it up.
2. the woman's cell phone is not working, nor does she respond to E-mail
3. she doesn't show up a week later for the cake so it isn't a date mix-up
4. the woman lives in a near by city

Have you used a reverse directory to find out who lives at that address?

boonenati Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boonenati Posted 11 Dec 2006 , 4:31am
post #69 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narie

real information:
1. a woman orders a cake for a small child's party, pays for it and never shows up to pick it up.
2. the woman's cell phone is not working, nor does she respond to E-mail
3. she doesn't show up a week later for the cake so it isn't a date mix-up
4. the woman lives in a near by city

Have you used a reverse directory to find out who lives at that address?

icon_eek.gificon_surprised.gif oh no!!! it sounds really bad. I hope nothing happened to her icon_sad.gif

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 11 Dec 2006 , 4:39am
post #70 of 80

Did you try finding a home phone number? Hopefully nothing happend to her. There are several really good resources out there for looking people up. I like the reverse directory too but if you don't have her address and such there is always locateamerica.com. It does cost but I think it is about $5.

allissweets Posted 11 Dec 2006 , 2:22pm
post #71 of 80

Yes, I've tried every known (free) directory - they are not listed anywhere. I looked in the local papers - there's no one in the obituaries by that last name. It's frankly gone on long enough, for me! I've done all I could, and I sincerely hope and pray that everything is alright. I can't do much more than that!

ariun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ariun Posted 28 Dec 2006 , 11:23am
post #72 of 80

Ah well. Although we may never know what happened, 'tis a delicious mystery tale for the grandkids someday. icon_smile.gif

...ooohhhh wait -- maybe someone really wanted to freak you out! It's a planned cake abandonment! Or a psychology test, to see how you'd react. Quick! look for hidden cameras in your powdered sugar.

lmevans Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lmevans Posted 15 Jan 2007 , 3:01pm
post #73 of 80
Quote:
Quote:

Quick! look for hidden cameras in your powdered sugar.

icon_lol.gif

Did you ever find anything out??

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 15 Jan 2007 , 3:14pm
post #74 of 80

Have you looked out your front door for Ashton Kutcher telling you that "You've Been Punked" from his stupid TV show? icon_biggrin.gif
This sounds just like something from that type of show or Candid Camera

allissweets Posted 15 Jan 2007 , 3:40pm
post #75 of 80

Nothing ever became of this...so this goes down in history as the weirdest thing that's ever happened to me!

lmevans Posted 15 Jan 2007 , 3:51pm
post #76 of 80

Whoa, that is weird. Did you have your DH drive by the address?

Did you eat the cake? LOL

allissweets Posted 15 Jan 2007 , 3:52pm
post #77 of 80

He didn't drive past the house, and my son, myself, and many of my neighbors enjoyed the cake.

Ashton Kutcher outside my house wouldn't be so bad. icon_smile.gif

lmevans Posted 15 Jan 2007 , 3:56pm
post #78 of 80
Quote:
Quote:

Ashton Kutcher outside my house wouldn't be so bad.

LOL

At least she paid you in advance! icon_wink.gif

tirby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirby Posted 15 Jan 2007 , 4:29pm
post #79 of 80

To strange. Unfortunatly the time it happened to me the Mother did pass away! icon_surprised.gif It freaked me out.

Ok not to stir the pot but You cashed the check and it cleared? Is that correct? It's wierd but maybe she spaced it and is to prideful so say anything.

Maybe ... well we could go on forever.....

chaptlps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaptlps Posted 15 Jan 2007 , 6:33pm
post #80 of 80

ooo ooo ooo i know i know,
she was abducted by aliens and will return in a sequel to a movie or something.
(ten years later) she rings your doorbell, says i've been off the planet, could i have my cake now?

Just kidding, I really hope nothing happened to her or her family.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%