Sharing Edible Image Software

Decorating By tiggy2 Updated 17 Jan 2007 , 4:08am by mypastrychef

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 3 Dec 2006 , 3:42pm
post #1 of 20

I found this software for edible images and thought I'd share with anyone that is interested. It's free to download and very easy to navigate. I haven't printed anything from it yet but have created several images in different configerations and saved them. If anyone has used it and has any comments please post. http://deco.uk.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=98&func=select&id=1

19 replies
KimmysKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimmysKakes Posted 3 Dec 2006 , 3:47pm
post #2 of 20

Awesome. Can't wait to try it. Thanks!!

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 3 Dec 2006 , 4:08pm
post #3 of 20

Thanks for sharing, looks great. Janice

tiggy2 Posted 3 Dec 2006 , 4:15pm
post #4 of 20

You're welcome. I found it much easier to navigate then kopykake's software.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 3 Dec 2006 , 4:33pm
post #5 of 20

Thankyou so much!! This is great!!!

Crimsicle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crimsicle Posted 3 Dec 2006 , 4:39pm
post #6 of 20

I'm kind of a software snob, but I think this is a nifty little tool. It will be terrific for those who don't know a lot about graphics. It's worth the time to download and install for the circle text feature alone. Nice background fills, too. I love the ease of applying gradations to both text, text lines and backgrounds. Gradations are sometimes not so easy in the more sophisticated software packages. The frames are a nice little option.

Couple of things....

I thought their standard portrait template was kind of out of whack. The round and landscape seemed fine. Maybe it's my monitor.

They don't offer a drop shadow - a feature I use often. Bummer. They don't give you a "last used" feature on the font. You've got to remember which font you are using. That's a major deal when you've got as many fonts as I do. I didn't read any instructions. Just intuitively pointed and clicked. Here are my first efforts. These would normally be hard for someone who doesn't do graphics on a regular basis...but were easy.

In short...I like it. Nice.
LL
LL

tiggy2 Posted 3 Dec 2006 , 6:16pm
post #7 of 20

I don't know a lot about graphics icon_sad.gif so I thought it was great for beginners (like myself) icon_smile.gif . I'm still playing around with it, but so far I love it. I've saved a few designs to use on Christmas cakes and will post photos when they are done. Glad to see fellow CC members are finding it useful icon_biggrin.gif

RisqueBusiness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RisqueBusiness Posted 1 Jan 2007 , 6:41pm
post #8 of 20

after looking through all your posts I finally found it..but it STILL doesn't work..

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

So Frustrating ..I'm laughing at my dumb behind..lol

DesignsbyD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DesignsbyD Posted 1 Jan 2007 , 6:53pm
post #9 of 20

The link isn't working for me either....GRRrrr
I know how frustrated you feel RB

Denise

ValMommytoDanny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ValMommytoDanny Posted 1 Jan 2007 , 6:54pm
post #10 of 20

Nope, your not dumb - well if you are I am too! icon_confused.gif
I can't get into the link either... boo hoo....

I am really thinking about getting a image set up - after hearing about all of the neat things you guys can do I am intrigued...

icon_smile.gif I will keep trying - maybe my Dell is rebelling - I did spent NY eve looking at a gad-zillion pics in the gallery... It's mad at me. icon_smile.gif

Valere

Audrey551 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Audrey551 Posted 2 Jan 2007 , 4:43am
post #11 of 20

could not bring this site up am I doing something wrong.

tiggy2 Posted 3 Jan 2007 , 4:10pm
post #12 of 20

I finally got into the site this morning so you might want to try it again. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

qtkaylassweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
qtkaylassweets Posted 3 Jan 2007 , 4:58pm
post #13 of 20

I love it! So much better than Kopykake! You don't have to worry about print credits!!!

You are my hero!!!! usaribbon.gif

an_g3la Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
an_g3la Posted 16 Jan 2007 , 11:50pm
post #14 of 20

thanks tiggy2 im downloading it right now can't wait to print my first image icon_biggrin.gif

tiggy2 Posted 17 Jan 2007 , 12:34am
post #15 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtkaylassweets

I love it! So much better than Kopykake! You don't have to worry about print credits!!!

You are my hero!!!! usaribbon.gif

I'm glad it's working for you icon_biggrin.gif I also like that you don't have to worry about credits so you can print on paper and see what it looks like. thumbs_up.gif

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 17 Jan 2007 , 12:57am
post #16 of 20

Can anyone tell me what print credits actually are? I read it on Kopykake but I couldn't understand what they were talking about.

mypastrychef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mypastrychef Posted 17 Jan 2007 , 2:23am
post #17 of 20

I found a glitch, you don't have to keep up with print credits if you go to print preview and print from that. (yes it seems to be a glitch) Haven't needed print credits for over 2 years.
mpc

qtkaylassweets Posted 17 Jan 2007 , 3:46am
post #18 of 20

OMG! how do you do it? When I print from print preview, it says sample on my test sheet.

qtkaylassweets Posted 17 Jan 2007 , 3:49am
post #19 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by butternut

Can anyone tell me what print credits actually are? I read it on Kopykake but I couldn't understand what they were talking about.

When you purchase the frosting sheets from them, there is a code on the envelope for print credits. If you use their "free" software, you have to buy their frosting sheets.
You get so many print credits with each package of frosting sheets you purchase.

mypastrychef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mypastrychef Posted 17 Jan 2007 , 4:08am
post #20 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtkaylassweets

OMG! how do you do it? When I print from print preview, it says sample on my test sheet.

I use Kopy Cake Desktop Decorator (I have downloaded it on 3 computers and it is the same on all of my PC's. I build the photo I want and instead of printing I click on Print Preview, it doesn't deduct credits. The day I found that out I tested it and struck with it.
I don't use any of their frames and maybe that is why you get the sample wording on yours?
mpc

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%