Redesigning My Website, Opinions?

Business By LaSombra Updated 1 Oct 2007 , 1:35am by LaSombra

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 1:00am
post #1 of 6

I've been playing with GoLive(My design program) and have been working on the cakes section of our website. I wanted it to be a little more elegant than the rest of the site since it's a little more rustic and colorful.

Anyway, it's not up on the website yet where customers can see but I have a link to the one page that I did redesign.

http://www.panypastel.com/cakenew.html

What do you think of the colors/layout? Should I do something different or is it just fine as is? I definitely haven't finished yet. The links go to the main website how it is now and such.

5 replies
Jenn123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn123 Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 1:14am
post #2 of 6

I like this page and would love to see the whole site match it. Red and Green to me says Christmas. I think all the pages should be more alike to flow well. The navigation bar should be the same font and size on all pages. IMO Nice site!

LaSombra Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 1:28am
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn123

I like this page and would love to see the whole site match it. Red and Green to me says Christmas. I think all the pages should be more alike to flow well. The navigation bar should be the same font and size on all pages. IMO Nice site!

Maybe I could convince my mom to adopt my version then icon_wink.gif She did most of the setup on the original site. The navigation bar on the original site is all the same size and font but now that I've looked at it after you said that, the main page has the navigation bar messed up somehow icon_confused.gif

The idea though of having my cakes page different was to almost make it a separate site but still connected. I want people to visit the cakes site and be able to easily navigate within the cakes part without too many links over there. If they want to see other things within the site, they can still hit the home page link. I might check in to getting a drop down type menu or something but not sure. It could be too complicated. I'm not that experienced with javascripts and such.

Thanks for your input icon_smile.gif

dezzib27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dezzib27 Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 1:30am
post #4 of 6

I love the site, but I agree with the above post, the first thing I thought of with the red and green was christmas. I like the opening page very much, I would keep all of the pages not identical but along the same lines. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!!

dezzib27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dezzib27 Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 1:30am
post #5 of 6

I love the site, but I agree with the above post, the first thing I thought of with the red and green was christmas. I like the opening page very much, I would keep all of the pages not identical but along the same lines. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!!

LaSombra Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 1:35am
post #6 of 6

yeah, the red and green are actually supposed to be hunter green and brown-red (dried blood color?), which is hard to do on the internet. The green tends to be our main color though, since it's easier to find table cloths and such that match icon_smile.gif Perhaps we should redo our color scheme icon_lol.gif Those colors are fine in December but not sure about the rest of the year!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%