Fn Challenge Tonite..wedding Cake Surprise

Decorating By adven68 Updated 2 Oct 2007 , 12:19am by ThatsHowTcakesRolls

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 10:48pm
post #1 of 19

FN has the wedding cake surprise challenge airing tonite at 8:00pm EST.

Is it a rerun???

Wedding Cake Surprise
Five cake decorators design wedding cakes specifically for a couple they meet a night before the competition. The winning cake not only earns $10,000 but is actually served at the couples' wedding the following evening.

AIR TIMES:
September 30, 2007 8:00 PM ET/PT
October 01, 2007 3:00 AM ET/PT
October 03, 2007 9:00 PM ET/PT
October 04, 2007 12:00 AM ET/PT
October 06, 2007 6:00 PM ET/PT

18 replies
khoudek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khoudek Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 12:11am
post #2 of 19

I'm watching it right now!!! Haven't seen it before so can't tell you if it is a rerun or not. Sounds like a lot of cool ideas and cakes though.

jillcleary1026 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillcleary1026 Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 12:31am
post #3 of 19

I am watching it right now and yes it is a rerun. But I can not remember who won... thats my excuse for watching it again icon_smile.gif

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 12:51am
post #4 of 19

its definaltely a re run.. i dont remember who won either.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 1:03am
post #5 of 19

Man!!! I was cheering for the 4-tier monogram cake with the poker table groom's cake! icon_cry.gif

khoudek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khoudek Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 1:32am
post #6 of 19

I loved the cake that won! She dressed the white layers up even more for the actual wedding too. They were all beautiful.... so much talent!

charlieinMO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charlieinMO Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 1:37am
post #7 of 19

My two favs were the one that won and the monogram one! But I just didn't care for the guy. Not sure why but I thought his cake was great also!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 1:48am
post #8 of 19

I so loved the skirting on the monogram cake, that I actually sat here thinking, "Maybe I could get some fondant and play with that, to see if I could do it" (she said, nervously looking over her shoulder to see if anyone heard her say she might actually work with fondant!) icon_surprised.gif

ValMommytoDanny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ValMommytoDanny Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 2:09am
post #9 of 19

Wow, I forgot it was on... I will have to catch it on the rebound when they do the whole night schedule again... checking the tv guide now... icon_smile.gif
thanks

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 2:45am
post #10 of 19

I had never seen it before (how did that happen??)...I loved the mosaic cake...but I am also very partial to mosaics. I liked Michelle's winning cake, but I didn't love it...I think if she made the book go on top of the suitcase, and then have the wedding cake on top of that, it would have worked better....but she won, so good for her. (But they added flowers to it, after the fact), just FYI

I loved Buddy's cake, except for the sloppy monogram & the groom's cake was beautiful.....and the fact that he was the only one who had 2 cakes (am I right?)...impressed me.

The "blue" cake was cool, but not for these folks.....and if they only took that darn scroll thingy off the stained glass cake, I think it would have been the best of the lot. That scroll stand blew off all proportion and left me thinking "now why does the pillow need to be held up by that thing?"
Anyway...sorry this is so long....just one more thing.

I absolutely hated that the bride and groom got to see the cakes during the show. I think they should have been surprised at the end and go by their gut feelings, not a pre-determined one!! Anyway...the bride said herself, in the very beginning, that she liked Michelle....so I think she was a little biased.
But, I enjoyed it...

edited to say that now I'm forgetting which cake actually had the scrolly thing....was I right or did I mix it up? icon_confused.gif

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 6:43pm
post #11 of 19

I taped it to watch today since I was busy this weekend.

Small world... Q works at Sweet Life which is a very well known bakery here in town.

Katskakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katskakes Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 7:10pm
post #12 of 19

I thought it was a new episode. When i was checking to see what was on my info box said new: and description of challenge. Weird. I enjoyed it, never seen the guy w/the blue cake and Q. I'm not a fan of Buddy, but liked his cake minus the monogram. For me it was between michelle, buddy and q.

aundron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundron Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 7:27pm
post #13 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Man!!! I was cheering for the 4-tier monogram cake with the poker table groom's cake! icon_cry.gif

That's the one that I liked as well!!! I thought it was beautiful!!!

auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 10:58pm
post #14 of 19

I've always admired Buddy's cakes - I was rooting for him.

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 11:10pm
post #15 of 19

I think I missed this one the first time around and again last nite! icon_sad.gif I'll have to catch the re-re-run!

krismorales Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krismorales Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 11:10pm
post #16 of 19

I liked Buddy's cake (but not so much Buddy himself), but my impression was that he totally designed the cake before even meeting the bride and groom....his original design had the "skirting" effect on it but he said that did it to match her dress....not sure I believe that. I didn't see anything else specific to the bride and groom.

crazy4sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazy4sugar Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 11:12pm
post #17 of 19

Loved Buddy's cake, hated the sloppy monogram, and he annoys the @#@!! out of me (well, so does Michelle's voice...maybe I'm a bit too picky).

Yeah, I was shocked that they let the bride & groom disturb the decorators at work icon_eek.gif not cool at all thumbsdown.gif

veronica970206 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veronica970206 Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 11:26pm
post #18 of 19

I love the challenges, and I know a lot of them are pros, but did you ever notice that a lot of them need a lesson on being humble??? There is one thing to be confident, but when they over do it, it almost kills me. I just think, at what cake did they lose themselves and just become cocky? A good example was watching Buddy on this one and then seeing him on the Disney villains, man alive was he terrible, his attitude to me was like we should be honored to see him at work. Some of them when they win, you can tell they are excited, surprised and you can tell they feel honored and some they are like did you actually think I would lose attitude?

I still love to watch the challenges, they are awesome and I think to myself, Wow, that is cake!!!!

I didn't understand b/c on my Tv guide it said this challenge was new, when actually it was a re-run. Oh well, still fun to watch.

Veronica

ThatsHowTcakesRolls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThatsHowTcakesRolls Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 12:19am
post #19 of 19

Just to add a little of my own...I can't stand Buddy either. Yes, I loved his cake - but he is so arrogant it kills me. AND....I don't know if anyone ever watches "Whose Wedding Is It Anyway"....but, I saw an episode where he was chosen to do the Wedding Cake for a couple and came the day of the event and he did not show up with the cake!!! I couldn't believe it. Now, I can't say if there was a good reason but that is not an instance, in my mind, where any publicity is good publicity!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%