Diamond .... ? ? ?

Decorating By donvi Updated 30 Sep 2007 , 6:57pm by Linliv46

donvi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
donvi Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 3:33pm
post #1 of 9

I am about to attempt to do a cake with the diamond shaped impressions on the outside. Is there an easy way to do this?

8 replies
Zahrah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zahrah Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 4:05pm
post #2 of 9

Are you using buttercream or fondant? If it's fondant you can use an impression mat to make things easier. I' d love to hear anyone else's suggestion for buttercream...

donvi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
donvi Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 5:00pm
post #3 of 9

it's buttercream

krazykat_14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krazykat_14 Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 5:06pm
post #4 of 9

Do you mean a simple diamond shapes-maybe a diamond shaped cookie cutter pressed into the buttercream...

Or do you mean a faceted type diamond?

What about waiting for the buttercream to crust, then pressing an impression mat?

I'll keep thinking, and keeping an eye out at the hardware store for any brilliant possibilities...icon_biggrin.gif

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 5:57pm
post #5 of 9

yes, there is a pastic diamond impresion mat you use to do this. look at www.earlenescakes.com

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 6:03pm
post #6 of 9

Just wait for the butter cream to crust, and use the impression mat..... I do it alot....

dogluvr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dogluvr Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 6:03pm
post #7 of 9

yesterday was the first time I used a diamond impression mat on BC and all the icing came out on the mat....it was crusted......I know you really have to practice with the BC. Someone here said she used bamboo screwers to make the diamonds on BC.

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 6:29pm
post #8 of 9

doglvr.... it sounds like you may have pressed to hard..... You don't need much with the BC.....

Linliv46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Linliv46 Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 6:57pm
post #9 of 9

Donvi, do you like the impression mat? Did it do ok on the cake? I am interested in ordering me some.

Linda

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%