Ice Chest Cake?

Decorating By froufroucakes Updated 30 Sep 2007 , 8:53pm by ceshell

froufroucakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
froufroucakes Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 11:21pm
post #1 of 5

I have a request for an LSU ice chest cake for the groom's cake. Does anyone have any ideas on how to make this? I'm thinking of maybe doing a sheet cake and putting a styrofoam ice chest on top and filling it. What do you think?

4 replies
ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 5:02am
post #2 of 5

Have you looked up the sugar beer bottle cakes? Those are always beer bottles "on ice" - ice made out of sugar. Could've sworn I once saw an ice chest cake on here too - it was stacked and the top was carved out a bit...if I find it I'll post but you may want to search the gallery...try keyword bottle or beer...?

Sorry I can't be of more help! You certainly could go the styrofoam route but making it all edible would make a bigger impression on the guests. Wonder if you could make that thing out of rice krispie treats, if you dont' want that much cake...?

froufroucakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
froufroucakes Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 7:36pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:

Thanks.... I searched "icechest cakes" but didn't come up with all that you came up with! There was only 1 that I liked... I know, I'm picky. But, it IS for a wedding groom's cake. Thanks for your help. I don't know how to do the rice krispy thing. Do you have instructions?

ceshell Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 8:53pm
post #5 of 5

I've never tried the RKT's but see them used quite a lot, most people basically just make the RKT recipe (some omit the butter) and mold it together into their preferred shape. You can use BC or RI under the fondant, or if you roll the fondant thick enough you may be able to skip the icing altogether.

Sorry I can't be more help! Hope at least the pics can inspire your final design!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%