Anyone Else Going To Be Up Till The Wee Hours Of The

Decorating By sunflowerfreak Updated 2 Oct 2007 , 5:08pm by KayDay

1nanette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1nanette Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 9:29pm
post #31 of 41

Isn't "wee" the only time of the night Wednsday through Saturday? icon_lol.gif But dont you find it easier to work through the still of the night instead of the chaos of the day. NO kids, NO "Baby have you seen my..." Just you, your project, Liftetime and/or TVLand.

thecupcakemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecupcakemom Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 9:45pm
post #32 of 41

I can never stay up late, but I do get up at 4 each morning to work on cakes and such.

toristreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toristreats Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 9:58pm
post #33 of 41

I'm up all night, but not doing cakes. I have a two week old that has had problems staying asleep lately. I don't get much sleep anymore. I've taken a while off from doing cakes, but I can't wait until I have time to do more.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 10:57pm
post #34 of 41

See I missed this thread cause I was WORKING lol yes, I was up till 9am this morning. Yuck. 2 hours sleep the off to deliveries!

CeeTee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CeeTee Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 11:02pm
post #35 of 41

This has been the first weekend in three months where I've not had to stay up late working on cakes! I caught a nasty cold earlier this week so I cancelled my weekend projects thinking I'd still be too sick to cook. Instead I've slept over 15 hours almost non-stop icon_confused.gif I think my body is trying to tell me something *LOL*

Tho I have to admit it's WIERD not having a cake to make. I think I'll make a batch of cupcakes for the nieces anyway *twitch*

mommy2owen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy2owen Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 11:15pm
post #36 of 41

I'm glad to say that I won't be up late tonight, but last night was a different story. I was up until 2 am finishing a 3D Mickey Mouse clubhouse cake, but I think it turned out well and I'm relieved that I'm finished with it. icon_biggrin.gif

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 7:32am
post #37 of 41

Up again tonight.. made the mistake of going to the fair today rather than working on my son's gumball machine cake.. didn't end up getting home until 10:20 icon_surprised.gif .. and then I only had 1 cake board left and I am still not convinced that there is enough fondant to cover the blasted thing.. My feet are killing me from 6 hours of walking around at the fair.. some of which was while I had my 4 year old son in the sling and then my daughter wanted to hitch a ride on my back.. Momma is TIRED and it is taking all that I have to not fall asleep as I type this.. there's probably a gazillion typos in this message. icon_lol.gif

I am waiting for the cake to get cold so I can get the fondant on. I also have tons of cleaning to do for the party.. icon_cry.gif me so tired!!!

sunflowerfreak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunflowerfreak Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 9:04pm
post #38 of 41

Well I was up until 4:30 am, took an hour and a half nap and got back up at 6:00 am to decorate more. I felt pretty good too at the shower considering I had only and hour and a half sleep. I went to bed last night at 9:00 and slept like a ROCK. So here are my creations that kept me up all night.
LL

steph95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steph95 Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 10:53pm
post #39 of 41

Your cake is beautiful!! great job!!

susanscakebabies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanscakebabies Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 11:09pm
post #40 of 41

I am always doing that myself. Espcially juggling the kids. I get ready to work then next thing I know they need me for something and I get no cake work done. So night comes and there I am working away.

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 5:08pm
post #41 of 41

(sigh) ...all weekend I was in a blur of activity...well...no, from this past Wednesday till this moment...darn! Almost a week I barely slept. I am many colors from pink...to every shade of purple imagineable.

I catered a wedding Sunday..and did the flowers for one Saturday ..as well as the flowers and decor and cakes for the one sunday...had a birthday cake this am I almost forgot ...did that one in under two hours! (it was already baked for me)...I still gotta get a moment and post my crazy story about the cake on Sunday...it was hilarious! Today...I am OFF as of an hour ago! I am making a lquick dinner (something in the crockpot most likely) and spending the evening with my kids then soaking in my jaccuzzi tub!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%