Ok, Totally Weirded Out

Lounge By cookinnut Updated 29 Sep 2007 , 1:35pm by twinsline7

cookinnut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookinnut Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 2:12am
post #1 of 5

So we live right in town on a corner and for some reason our corner is the un-official "drop your spare cat off here" area. There are about 7 or so strays that have popped up in the last year. A few of them have been "adopted" as outdoor cats by myself and 3 other neighbors. Anyways, there's this white scruffy cat that began appearing a couple months ago and it freaks me out. I mean like FREAKS me out. Every time I see it I get sick to my stomach and feel like I'm gonna hurl. I get goose bumps and shivers. It totally gives me the willies. I swear this critter is like a pet cemetary cat. I'm half tempted to have my hubby try to catch it and drop it off at the humane society or something except I dont want him near it. I know, completely irrational. Anyways thanks for the nutso rant.

4 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 2:22am
post #2 of 5

If it makes you react that way, maybe you should just call animal control rather than try to handle the cat yourself. Be careful.

jsmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jsmith Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 2:50am
post #3 of 5

Just like some people give you the creeps some animals also have that personality. I love most cats but there was one I was terrified of. I was housesitting for a family and feeding their cat. He made such sad meows I felt sorry for him. When I pet him he attacked my hand! I thought I was going to need stitches. I tried to avoid him after that but one time I went to feed him and he was standing in front of the kitchen entrance and stared me down. I had my back against the wall trying to slide past him and he swiped his claws at me! He was psycho. I should have let him starve. Sorry to go off on a tangent but that was a creepy cat too. I say call animal control if you have a bad feeling. Maybe that's why he was abandoned in the first place. He doesn't answer to the name of Blackberry, does he? icon_lol.gif

cookinnut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookinnut Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 1:00pm
post #4 of 5

LOL, sorry but I know what you mean, he doesnt look like a Blackberry but I'll give it a try! The only problem with animal control is that the second this cat sees you he gives you this look then skulks away. He never sticks around for more than 20 seconds after you see it.

twinsline7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsline7 Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 1:35pm
post #5 of 5

you know what may give it its creepiness too is that he is a white stray cat....white cats always look more scraggly and gross when they are strays.....at least for me anyway darker colored cats don't "show" as much of their rough life on them like the yellows, whites or even orange ones do.

We have two that hang around one is a black and grey cat and the other is a pure white fluffy one....they beat the crap out of each other all the time....well at least thats what i like to tell myself they're doing since their mating is so violent! they are both in the same shape....but that white cat looks FAR worse off than the darker one!

check with them...but believe it or not in some places animal control wont come pick up a cat...or if they do you have to pay for it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%