Bad Bad Bad Day :(

Lounge By wgoat5 Updated 30 Sep 2007 , 11:07pm by wgoat5

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 1:24am
post #1 of 15

Cellphone (brand new I might add HATE MOTOROLA PHONES!!!) after getting my upgrade decides that it doesn't like it's new home with me and acts possessed. Can't take it close by to exchange it though...nope...have to drive 1 1/2 hours away to get a new one, in the midst of trying to get 4 cakes done icon_sad.gif (shouldve stuck with my LG)

damn pink pretty cellphone

THEN notice my power source to my computer isn't acting like it is working. Battery is on instead of corded powersource but it is hooked in to the computer icon_confused.gif . icon_sad.gif BUT....can't call DELL till I get back from taking dear KIDS to the dentist. 2 of them (14 year old boy 5 year old girl) decided to make it a living HELL trip to the dentest. 14 year old gags and tears streaming down his face (nope...men they can't handle it), and all the were doing were giving him a flouride (sp?) treatment icon_confused.gif . 5 year old sees 14 year old and does the same thing icon_cry.gif . Dentist comes in and examines the 5 year old girl and says she needs 3 fillings and 1 crown icon_surprised.gif !!!! She needs to be put under general anethesia so she doesn't struggle icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif . Scared as I am I have to let him do this because if not they are close to abcessing (Sp) , I knew she had cavities because of last year but she is terrified. And they don't bother her really. But they do me. So I schedule the surgery (have to pay 50.00 scheduling fee RIDICULUS!!!). Then they tell me I have to have 40 percent of what the outpatient fee will be icon_eek.gif 40% of 2800.00!!! IN NOVEMBER!!!!!!!

Get home call Dell.....get someone I CANT understand at all. I tell the guy I am sorry but I don't understand him...and he puts me through to someone I STILL couldn't understand. I said I was sorry icon_sad.gif I just couldn't. FINALLY I talk to someone. ITS MY MOTHERBOARD !!!!!!!!! UGHHHHHH Are you kidding me. I have only 1 battery and my powersource doesn't work icon_sad.gif ....because of the motherboard! And DELL can't get here till end of next week!! icon_sad.gificon_sad.gif I am SOOOOOO depressed... so if I drop of the face of the earth ya know it was my mother board !!! icon_sad.gif

Stick a fork in me I am THROUGH icon_sad.gif Ughhhh I hate today!

14 replies
MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 1:59am
post #2 of 15

Oh my! You did have a bad one. I hope you got your cakes done and the kiddos calmed down. Ugh. I don't know where I would come up with that kind of money. Is insurance covering any of that for you? I would have started crying right there along with the kids! I hope you have a nice, quiet weekend. icon_smile.gif

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 2:06am
post #3 of 15

Here's a big ((((((hug))))) for you Christi. Yes, this qualifies for a really bad day. I hope you get your cakes done and have a much better day tomorrow.

OzCookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OzCookie Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 2:27am
post #4 of 15

Absolutely nothing to say, except ((((((((HUGS))))))))

It can only get better from here, right???

wgoat5 Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 2:37am
post #5 of 15

Thank you all!! Logged on with 22 minutes of battery left LOL.

Won't know how much insurance will pick up till they decided to call me back icon_sad.gif . I cannot believe that it will cost that much!! I guess I should be glad that it wasn't BRACES for one of the kids icon_sad.gif UGHHHH

Next good thing about tonight...waiting till 10 when DH gets home to tell him ALL the good news! icon_sad.gif

Oh boy he will be a pleasant one to be around LOL

Thanks for the hugs!! I need them! Ok going back into the corner before battery runs out icon_sad.gif

rosita6882 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosita6882 Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 3:00am
post #6 of 15

Sorry you had such a bad day. I had one yesterday. Locked my keys in the car and then lost my paycheck and started my period one week early! I just wanted to crawl into bed and get that day over with.

4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 8:56pm
post #7 of 15

:lol Hugs! My kids have been known to pull that crap at the dentist, too. And I just spent $1800 (I think I spent 1K after insurance kicked in) on my four year old...she too was put under, getting a total of six crowns and two baby root canals. Your baby will be fine!

My total for this week...$1200 at the vet for an ailing diabetic dog who will still not eat (we are facing some difficult decisions on her), a broken diswasher, broken microwave, new shoes for son, and two birthdays (my son and daughter).

After spending $1200 on said dog, she got her neck/head caught in the auto sliding door on the van. I frantically tried to disconnect the door while pounding on it and crying...dog was screaming...not a pretty sound. Dog's head okay. Toyota will be getting a letter.

Found out 14 year old is getting two F's in her classes. She is brilliant. She hates homework. Maybe she is ADD? It would explain alot.

Decided to save diet for another day, and ate a huge piece of cake. What are you gonna do <shrug>?

MichelleM77 Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 3:46am
post #8 of 15

One question I have about all of you with young kids needing so much work done...... Why aren't they pulling the bad baby teeth instead? Maybe that's a silly question and I'm not thinking about this right, but I would think if they were baby teeth and they were bad, instead of doing all of that work, that they could just pull them? Were they not baby teeth? I'm so confused! LOL!

Also, has your dentist recommended sealants on their molars? We (my sisters and I) had them growing up and now my 10yo has them. No cavities.

My son has my teeth (I had a gap between my two front before braces, and my two front are large, at least in my opinion). He will be needing braces soon. I think insurance will cover $1500. Please tell me that will cover the cost of braces!?!?!

4Gifts4Lisa: My son has the same problem. He is in the gifted program at school and frequently goes through spurts of low grades. I have to stay on him about homework or it doesn't get done. He is disorganized, but loves school. Google for parent resources for gifted children. Very enlightening information!

4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 4:05am
post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleM77

One question I have about all of you with young kids needing so much work done...... Why aren't they pulling the bad baby teeth instead? Maybe that's a silly question and I'm not thinking about this right, but I would think if they were baby teeth and they were bad, instead of doing all of that work, that they could just pull them? Were they not baby teeth? I'm so confused! LOL!

Also, has your dentist recommended sealants on their molars? We (my sisters and I) had them growing up and now my 10yo has them. No cavities.

My son has my teeth (I had a gap between my two front before braces, and my two front are large, at least in my opinion). He will be needing braces soon. I think insurance will cover $1500. Please tell me that will cover the cost of braces!?!?!

4Gifts4Lisa: My son has the same problem. He is in the gifted program at school and frequently goes through spurts of low grades. I have to stay on him about homework or it doesn't get done. He is disorganized, but loves school. Google for parent resources for gifted children. Very enlightening information!

Michelle...there are many new things in the world of pediatric dentistry. It is so different from when I was a kid. In my daughter's case, the root canals were on the front two teeth. I did ask about pulling the rear ones. They are needed to help the face hold its shape, basically. The cavities she got were on teeth that were NOT sealed. My older kids have "bad teeth" too...get it from my hubby, I guess. They have had just about every tooth filled. In spite of regular, great dental care, and in spite of flouride treatments. The older two both have also had braces. Phase one and now phase two for my 14 year old...still on phase one for my 11 yr old, and he will need phase two as well. Who knows...I needed almost nothing...hubby needed everything. He had cavities, braces, and even now as an adult he averages one root canal a year.

My 14 year old and 11 year old are both in the GATE program here. 14 year old is so terribly disorganized that I am thinking she may have un-diagnosed ADD. I am going to look into it. It would make alot of sense...she didn't have this problem until she started middle school...all of a sudden, she had to keep track of 6 different classes and 6 different teachers, and she just can't hack it. For the first time she was not a straight-A student. She scores so highly (99th percentile) on all her standardized tests that I can't get anyone to seriously look at her-they think she is just lazy. But I am starting to really notice some signs.

Anyway...sorry for the hijacked thread! I now bring you back to your regularly scheduled post... icon_biggrin.gif

MichelleM77 Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 4:19am
post #10 of 15

I know, I hijacked too! I'm good at that it seems.

Well that explains not being able to pull the teeth. Just assumed they were molars I guess.

No matter how I try and drill it into my son's head that he needs to brush his teeth well, that he only gets one set, yadda, yadda, yadda, he still doesn't want to do it!

wgoat5 Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 9:03am
post #11 of 15

I am so glad that you all have posted because I to had wondered about just pulling the teeth. BUT....the reason he is not pulling your teeth is, 3 that he has to do major work on are teeth that don't fall out till she is 12. He didn't want to risk putting her alignment or anything else.
This is funny because my 2 older ones are always told by the dentist that they look like they have had braces. But they haven't. He tells them all the time how lucky they are to have nice strong, straight teeth.
But little one isn't so lucky. Like my DH she to has a space in the front and cavities. Nothing we did wrong, they are actually born with cavities sometimes. But these dental prices are ridiculus! My sister has been paying 200.00 a month for my nephews braces for the last 2 years and he has two more years to wear them. Although I think that includes ALL of the times he has to go have the wires removed cleaned and put back on and all the other adjustments and all. My DS's youngest has 3 front teeth!! And they have to remove that so his others will have room to grow, he to is 5.

Good way to get kids to brush their teeth. Tell them about surgery!!!

Thank you all for posting I found the posts very informative AND makes me feel better that she isn't too young for all of this. I just wish it wasn't so dang expensive!

kimkait Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimkait Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 12:37pm
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Quote:

He will be needing braces soon. I think insurance will cover $1500. Please tell me that will cover the cost of braces!?!?!

Sorry my daughter has them and it was $5000. $800 before they would place them and $140 a month for 2 1/2 years. Our dental insurance doesn't cover a thing.

I'm sorry wgoat5 you've had a bad day. Hopefully everything was better yesterday.

MichelleM77 Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 5:53pm
post #13 of 15

LOL! I knew it was too good to be true! I'll have to check and see exactly what they cover, maybe it's more, but probably won't be all. My oldest sister had nice straight teeth, didn't need braces. My middle sister and I needed them, but our teeth weren't horrible. I went to a new dentist a year or so ago and he commented on how nice my teeth were. Really??? I think they are awful! LOL! I'm female, so I will never be happy with them I guess. icon_smile.gif

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 9:11pm
post #14 of 15

If I may make a suggestion regarding your daughter's dental work...when my DD was five, she needed a lot of work and they wanted to put her under to do it. She wouldn't even let the dentist touch her. I decided to take her to a pediatric dentist. The didn't let parents back in the rooms, which I guess helped them control the kids, so I don't know exactly what they did, but they managed to give her 2 fillings, a crown and pull a tooth all in the office. It's definitely worth looking in to.

wgoat5 Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 11:07pm
post #15 of 15

Their dentist is a pediatric dentist, they would have to hold her down..no kidding, I do leave the room but she screams for me icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%