Silicone Baking Pan Experience??

Decorating By busymom9501 Updated 1 Dec 2006 , 2:02pm by birdgirl

busymom9501 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
busymom9501 Posted 1 Dec 2006 , 3:36am
post #1 of 6

Okay ladies....I'm wanting to make a 3 layer round cake this weekend. I have 2 metal baking pans 8" and 6". My 10" is a silicone round. Has anyone baked a cake in silicone before? I never have and am nervous! IF so....do I grease and flour it like I would a regular cake pan? Any help would be awesome!!!

5 replies
neni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neni Posted 1 Dec 2006 , 3:45am
post #2 of 6

I just baked in a silicone cake pan, I was so scared! Any way I sprayed it with Pam, the cake came out perfectly. Just be sure to put it on a cookie sheet in the oven. I almost dropped the silicone pan because it folded up in my hands when I was going to the oven.

baker4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baker4life Posted 1 Dec 2006 , 3:47am
post #3 of 6

I have so many silicone pans. I love them!
I don't flour or grease them at all, and I've never had a problem. From my experience my cakes seem to cook better in the silicone than the metal.

I also have the silicone baking cups, sooo easy to use. I just turn the cups inside out, and pop the cupcakes out. And cleanup is easy!
I do put the silicone on top of a cookie sheet. It can collapse pretty easily.

cakeatopia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeatopia Posted 1 Dec 2006 , 4:08am
post #4 of 6

I think it was Katharry that made the cutest flower cupcakes using the silicone baking pan. I was sold! And there was that 50%off HL coupon so I got the flower and star ones and I love them! They are perfect size. In fact I bought the snowflake one with the Michael's coupon last week.

I just spray a bit of Pam and they turn out perfect! I want to get more, though I really need them.

And they clean up GREAT!!!!

Ladivacrj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladivacrj Posted 1 Dec 2006 , 1:59pm
post #5 of 6

I was scared too. I made my first silicone bundt pan cake. It came out perfectly. I would recommend them.

I want to expand my silicone collection, but some are very expensive. So everything in moderation.

birdgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
birdgirl Posted 1 Dec 2006 , 2:02pm
post #6 of 6

I like them but things cook faster in them--my experience anyway. The bread pans sides expand out so the loaves are not perfect, but I still like them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%