11 By 15 Cake Pan And Bake Even Strips

Decorating By katiecake Updated 2 Aug 2005 , 2:40am by butrcup

katiecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katiecake Posted 31 Jul 2005 , 11:36pm
post #1 of 8

got a new pan 11 by 15 and am unsure how to make it cook evenly- I read someone uses a flower nail- do you use it upside down? in the center
also how do you put the bake even strips around I only have ones that fit round 8" size pans.. do they come bigger
thanks!

7 replies
peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 31 Jul 2005 , 11:46pm
post #2 of 8

To use the flower nail, spray it with a nonstick spray and put it upside down in the pan. The strips come in large sizes including one that will fit all the way around an 11x15. I haven't found it necessary to use the flower nail whrn using the strips on the 11x15, but I do use both on my round pans and the 12x18.

irisinbloom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
irisinbloom Posted 31 Jul 2005 , 11:48pm
post #3 of 8

kattiecake, if you use a flower nail it would need to be unside down, but I never use a flower nail in my 11x15 pan, as for the bake even strips if you have two or more you can pin them together and you can buy longer ones.Good luck

vitade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vitade Posted 1 Aug 2005 , 1:21pm
post #4 of 8

I've never used the flower nail either. Just bake it at a lower temp for a bit longer and you'll be fine. I love the bake evep strips! They also slow the cooking process. But it's well worth it.

Rose

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 1 Aug 2005 , 1:31pm
post #5 of 8

Katie.. I have used the bake even strips on the 11x15 pan and they work well. I did not use the flower nail method, but it is not a bad idea.

mommymarilyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommymarilyn Posted 1 Aug 2005 , 5:33pm
post #6 of 8

I've used the bake even strips, and sometimes had to pin them together - they do work very well! I just did 3 cakes yesterday (round) and used the flower nails in the center - worked like a charm!

baileysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baileysue Posted 1 Aug 2005 , 7:00pm
post #7 of 8

To make my cakes come out even I either bake them at 325 degrees. Or I take an old towel and cut it into strips, completely wet it , fold it to wrap around the cake pan and hold it with a pin. It never burns and works great. I have done this with wedding cakes. I already have the batter in the pan and on the rack in the oven then wrap the towel around then slide the rack back into the oven so you don't get burned.

butrcup Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butrcup Posted 2 Aug 2005 , 2:40am
post #8 of 8

I made an 11 x 15 this week-end and thought I would try the flower nail rather that bothering to pin my strips together, it was my first time using the nail, the cake cracked from where I had the nail to the edge during cooling-guess I'll take the time next time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%