Volleyball Cake Ideas???

Decorating By traci Updated 17 Jan 2012 , 5:37pm by Niceisland

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 31 Jul 2005 , 2:57am
post #1 of 11

Hi! I am doing a volleyball cake next Friday for my daughter's volleyball team. I was thinking about doing an edible image of a volleyball...but I am not sure. The name of the team is the pink panthers...so I was thinking about doing something with the pink panther playing volleyball.
Any ideas??? Any pics??? Please! Thanks in advance! icon_smile.gif
traci

10 replies
gma1956 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gma1956 Posted 31 Jul 2005 , 4:03am
post #2 of 11

The pink Panther playing volleyball sound cute.....But I am at a loss.... So just bumping you up so maybe others will see this.

Beebug123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beebug123 Posted 31 Jul 2005 , 6:51am
post #3 of 11

What about the ball pan made into a volleyball, topped on a pink cake?

traci Posted 31 Jul 2005 , 5:48pm
post #4 of 11

Thanks gma and Beebug! If anyone else has ideas or pics that would be great!!! icon_smile.gif
traci

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 31 Jul 2005 , 8:50pm
post #5 of 11

How big of a cake are you looking for? I am thinking maybe a BCT of the pink panther going to hit the volleyball over the net. And have the volleyball be dimensional, by using either a small pyrex bowl to make it or the sports ball pan, depending on the size you need your cake to be.

I hope this makes sense. I can see it in my head but it's hard for me to explain sometimes.

Can't wait to see what you do.

leily

gotcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gotcake Posted 1 Aug 2005 , 12:22am
post #6 of 11

Maybe this would help? You could add pink paw prints around the cake also. I have this picture bigger PM me with your email if you want it larger.
Also sombody here made that cute ball of yarn cake with the kitty on top. You could make the ball a volleyball with a pink panther on top instead of the fondant kitty.
LL

KATE39 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATE39 Posted 1 Aug 2005 , 12:23am
post #7 of 11

I LIKE THAT PICTURE GOTCAKE. THAT IS WHAT I WAS THINKING!

bjfranco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bjfranco Posted 1 Aug 2005 , 1:36am
post #8 of 11

Love Gotcake's picture but I also love the idea of a 3-D volleyball with Pink Panther sitting on top. Gotcake's would be my pic because I am not the greatest sculptor there is. Mine would probably end up looking like a pink horse or something. lol icon_lol.gif After looking at your cakes thought I bet you could do anything. Can't wait to see the pics.

bj icon_wink.gif

traci Posted 4 Aug 2005 , 6:52pm
post #9 of 11

Thanks for all the great ideas! I am planning on making an edible image with the picture gotcake posted. I will be making the cake today. I will post a pic soon. Thanks again!
traci icon_smile.gif

traci Posted 14 Aug 2005 , 8:17pm
post #10 of 11

I just posted the volleyball cake in my photos. The image was great and the girls loved the cake! Thanks!!!! icon_biggrin.gif
traci

Niceisland Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Niceisland Posted 17 Jan 2012 , 5:37pm
post #11 of 11

I want to rename my volleyball team, because name of my volleyball team become very old, But i did not find any appropriate volleyball team name yet. Please suggest me some appropriate volleyball team names for my volleyball team.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%