Need Idea For 20 Yr Old Marine

Decorating By frogfiend Updated 26 Sep 2007 , 7:41pm by amoos

frogfiend Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frogfiend Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 7:29pm
post #1 of 3

I need an idea for my son a 20th birthday cake. He says anything is fine as long as it has nothing to do with the Marines. lol He is getting ready to deploy to the middle east and really want to make him something really special before he goes. His only other real interests besides the Marines are movies and video games. ( but the characters in the ones he plays are way beyond my ability). So if anyone has any suggestions please reply. I am getting desperate here. icon_cry.gif Thanks

2 replies
AmyKay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyKay Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 7:33pm
post #2 of 3

Hi icon_smile.gif You could maybe do a sheetcake with a pacman screen on it, or one of his other favorite video games.

amoos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amoos Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 7:41pm
post #3 of 3

You could always make a sheet cake (carved just a bit) to resemble an XBox lying on it's side, make a cord out of fondant and have it wrap around the cake board, cake, etc.....on top carve (either out of cake or a rice krispy treat) a controller and maybe even a wireless mic/headset.

To tell you the truth, I've been waiting to do this for my hubby for his b/day since he loves video games....but I'll have to wait till Jan!

My hubby and I are in the military and I agree, the last thing they want for their birthday is to be reminded of their job, lol.

Hope it all works out well for you!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%