How To Fill The Michael's Bottles With Icing?

Baking By AnnieJr Updated 29 Sep 2007 , 2:50am by nikki1201

AnnieJr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieJr Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 6:04pm
post #1 of 6

First of all, I would like to say thank you to everyone on this site for all the great advice; I'm new to cookie decorating and appreciate all the generousity.

So, following that great advice, I too bought the bucket of bottles at Michael's this week. They were not marked as being on clearance but knowing you all are very wise, I asked for a price check and they were indeed marked down to $3.98. Now my question: what's the best to way to fill them? I've tried a parchment triangle with no luck and tried from a spoon (very messy); what are you guys doing to fill them?

Thanks so much! icon_wink.gif

5 replies
lchristi27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lchristi27 Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 12:32pm
post #2 of 6

Have you tried a pastry bag instead of the parchment triangle? That has always worked for me. I use the disposable ones and just cut a very small hole in the bottom. If using the candy melts, I just melt them right in the bag.

nikki1201 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikki1201 Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 12:37pm
post #3 of 6

i have a funnel set from target. 3 different sizes, but the bottom of all 3 fit into the bottle perfectly. works great when of have it the consistency for flooding. when your icing is thicker, i use the dipsosable pastry bags.

texastwinkie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
texastwinkie Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 1:49am
post #4 of 6

I use plastic ziplock baggies and snip off the corner.

AnnieJr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieJr Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 2:41am
post #5 of 6

Great ideas - thank you so much! icon_wink.gif

nikki1201 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikki1201 Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 2:50am
post #6 of 6

wait... they're $4 now!? how did i miss that! i'm going back tomorrow and stocking up! ....now i'm not going to be able to sleep, wondering if they still have any left in stock.....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%