Can You Eat Baking Soda, Crisco, Corn Starch......

Lounge By twinsline7 Updated 1 Oct 2007 , 6:05pm by mommapaul3

twinsline7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsline7 Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 5:59pm
post #1 of 30

One of my twins just got into my baking cabinet and ate....

* baking soda icon_eek.gif
* corn starch
* CRISCO! icon_surprised.gif
* cream of tartar
* sprinkles
* a some chocolate chips.......

he ate a (his size) handful of each!!!! I don't knwo whether to take call poison control icon_lol.gif , take him to the doctor.....or bake him for 8 to 9 min for chocolate chip cookies!

I feel sick FOR him....is he going to get sick? the crisco stick literally has a bite out of it!

29 replies
LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 6:21pm
post #2 of 30

yum! sounds appetizing! lol I vote for baking them on 350' until they're golden brown on the edges but still a little soft in the middle icon_lol.gif

Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 9:10pm
post #3 of 30

icon_confused.gif Are you serious? icon_rolleyes.gif those boys of yours are something else icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Crisco icon_eek.gif yuck!

baking soda & corn starch icon_confused.gif

icon_lol.gif

I bet when he got to the sprinkles & chocolate chips, he was thinking, yum....

I think I just would watch him. I do not think it could be anything that could really hurt him, just make him sick, maybe, hopefully not.

twinsline7 Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 9:55pm
post #4 of 30

yes...monica...my boys! icon_lol.gificon_rolleyes.gif

well so far....nothing....my husband laughed and said well if anything maybe he created a home constipation remedy! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

and let me tell you all this he ate....he managed to do within 2.4 seconds! I heard a gaga and crackle....but by the time I got over there down went the choc chips and sprinkles in his mouth! .......and yes I threw all the ingredients away! icon_lol.gif brand new bottle of sprinkles too! icon_sad.gif

adawndria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adawndria Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 9:59pm
post #5 of 30

I don't think it will hurt him. Those are all edible items, usually in a different manner though! Cute story, and hopefully it doesn't give him a tummy ache!

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 10:07pm
post #6 of 30

I'd figure that the worst would be a stomach ache.

You really should put a warning on your posts about the twins in case there are any ladies expecting twins, after some of your stories they might be calling an adoption hotline. icon_lol.gif I know that what your kids do makes me glad that I had mine one at a time. icon_wink.gif

twinsline7 Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 10:15pm
post #7 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbelgard

You really should put a warning on your posts about the twins in case there are any ladies expecting twins, after some of your stories they might be calling an adoption hotline. icon_lol.gif I know that what your kids do makes me glad that I had mine one at a time. icon_wink.gif

HA HA! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

well if they come across any good agencies LET ME KNOW!

I keep threatening my husband that im gonna either gonna have the zoo take them in or get a job there myself for free daycare for them! icon_wink.gif

wonderwoman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wonderwoman Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 10:17pm
post #8 of 30

I think I'd just keep him near the toilet...and watch out for eruptions at either end! Sounds as much fun as my 3 year old, who has put popcorn up his nose and has been caught standing in the washing machine!

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 10:22pm
post #9 of 30

Twinsy, Twinsy, Twinsy....You crack me up!!

You gotta tell me though--was it "gumpaste eater"? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I dare you to have him run through the house yelling "Run run as fast as you can, you can't catch me I am the choc. chip man!"

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 10:33pm
post #10 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsline7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbelgard

HA HA! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

well if they come across any good agencies LET ME KNOW!

I keep threatening my husband that im gonna either gonna have the zoo take them in or get a job there myself for free daycare for them! icon_wink.gif

Do you know any zoos that take children? That's where I threaten to send my kids. icon_twisted.gif

twinsline7 Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 10:40pm
post #11 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWTODECORATING

Twinsy, Twinsy, Twinsy....You crack me up!!

You gotta tell me though--was it "gumpaste eater"? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I dare you to have him run through the house yelling "Run run as fast as you can, you can't catch me I am the choc. chip man!"

OMG OMG OMG I LAUGHED SO FREAKIN HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEW you crack ME up!

no it wasnt the gumpaste eater.....this one typically eats WAYYYYYYYYYYY worse than gumpaste! and the above list! icon_lol.gif .....its evil twin week for him ....next week is the gumpaste eater icon_wink.gif

wonderwoman: I had to perform PAPER removal from this ones nose!!! and when I got out the corner page of the oldest's Harry Potter.....out came Red Fish Blue Fish! icon_lol.gif ....but thats not the worst of it.....I've pulle dout Trix, Cocoa Puffs, BEADS!....but 99% of the time its his finger! icon_lol.gif

mbelgard: I don't describe them to the zoo as children.....I say I have a set of little baby WART HOGS! icon_twisted.gif

Marksgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marksgirl Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 11:20pm
post #12 of 30

twinsline7,

So let me ask you..how is the potty training coming along?

Just think of all the good stories you will be able to tell their girlfriends/wife when then get old.

Sue

twinsline7 Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 11:37pm
post #13 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksgirl

twinsline7,

So let me ask you..how is the potty training coming along?

Just think of all the good stories you will be able to tell their girlfriends/wife when then get old.

Sue

in the words of my boys potty training is ...... "No, WE DA BABIES!" " NO MORE PEE DA TORDET!"

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

last week was so good....they were doing really well...only wore a pull up at night.....then the weekend came and Saturday morning they both said NO! ......and now Im back to begging them to please please GO POTTY! icon_cry.gif

FrostinGal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrostinGal Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 12:23am
post #14 of 30

I found this abstract for an article about acute baking soda toxicity. Mostly, it messes with your electrolytes. I don't know what the threshold is for toxicity. I would recommend a call to poison control just to be on the safe side.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?db=pubmed&uid=8285975&cmd=showdetailview&indexed=google
Worst poison control can do is tell you that he's going to be fine and crisco makes an excellent laxative. icon_wink.gif

Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 12:51am
post #15 of 30

twinsy, you crack me up icon_lol.gif

Well those boys do get in to stuff. icon_rolleyes.gif

Was it the one who took a bite out of one of those cookies that you make(the one with the black eye icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif ) dang that was hillarous!! icon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif

Just think you will have some funny stories to tell once they get older icon_wink.gif

twinsline7 Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 1:10am
post #16 of 30

frostingal....thanks! the baking soda he still had in his hand when I caught him....he was trying to down the choc chips and cornstarch to get to the baking soda......but I will say that my cream of tar tar is empty! it WAS half!

he seems fine....if anything more mischievious than he already was! I flushed him with water because I was worried about it.....and I umm did call the nurse at the dr's office....I swear they must think Im the Malcolm in the Middle family! icon_lol.gif she said "let me guess...Ryan" icon_surprised.gif Im so embarrassed!

I still cant for the life of me figure out how he got that crisco bite down...thats so gross....and he had it in the other too ready to take another bite! icon_confused.gif

monica you cracked me up.....yep thats him! I will say they definitely keep me laughing through the day....but they also keep me crying at night! icon_razz.gif

jules06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules06 Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 2:32am
post #17 of 30

Hopefully, one day ,you'll be able to look back at these toddler years & laugh ( like we all are now- the sort of laughter where you are so glad it's happening to someone else !!! icon_wink.gif )

Your boys are so cute though....( thank god none of mine are twins !! )

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 2:53am
post #18 of 30

Part of the secret of a success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside. ---Mark Twain

seems someone is just to impatient to wait on mom to bake up a batch of chocolate chip cookies w/ sprinkles on them.

-----

hopefully he won't pick up my habit of provoking the Dr. to say "NOW what?" when mom called to tell him we were coming in for more "repairs" -- he certainly got a lot of practice sewing me up.

-----

aren't boys just so much fun? icon_rolleyes.gif

FrostinGal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrostinGal Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 3:57pm
post #19 of 30
Quote:

I still cant for the life of me figure out how he got that crisco bite down...thats so gross....and he had it in the other too ready to take another bite! icon_confused.gif

LOL, my oldest used to eat sticks of butter like that. Euwwwwwwww!

LOL, Doug! I love that quote!

I must make boys wrong. It's my girls who are causing my hair to gray!!

twinsline7 Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 4:09pm
post #20 of 30

well he survived.....not even a tummy ache! I pulled out the ingredients to make cupcakes today and he said "oooh that is yucky" pointing to the baking soda icon_confused.gificon_surprised.gificon_lol.gif

doug...my children imaptient??? no way! icon_lol.gif

and Im sure the dr says A LOT of things after we call or are there! icon_lol.gificon_eek.gif ....last time we were at the dr ryan had a bruise on his umm...butt cheek....the doctor said oh my ryan how did you get that ...Jack walked over and very proudly told her... " I BITE HIM ...HE IS BAD BOY"! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

Im seriously considering never leaving my home again!

Erdica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erdica Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 4:43pm
post #21 of 30

This was the best post I've read in a long time!!!

I have Irish Twins and they get into EVERYTHING.

I could just picture your face when you saw all those sprinkles and chocolate chips. What a day!!

Did you have time to grab the camera? Now you have something to tell all his girlfriends in High School!

Best part of being a parent is blackmail later on.

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 4:47pm
post #22 of 30

HAHA! I can't believe I just saw this post! My boys have dumped an entire gallon of milk on the kitchen floor so they could go swimming while
I was in the shower! I take my showers at night now while dh is home! My little brother once put a dry lima bean waayyy up his nore. By the time my mom found out and got him to the doc, it had absorbed moisture from his nose and swelled up. They had to sedate him to get it out! It was actually stuck i nthere pretty good!

twinsline7 Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 6:57pm
post #23 of 30

erdica....there is ALWAYS something with them! icon_lol.gif but nope no picture this time I immediately freaked because I couldn't decide which concerned me more consuming the baking soda or the crisco!!

jen1977....I was hoping you'd make it I knew your boys had it in them too! icon_lol.gif ......my boys took a gallon of ORANGE JUICE upstairs this morning while I was changing out the laundry ......I only found this out while I was on the couch folding Ryan came down screaming ...DRENCHED! yelling

"SHRACK (Jack) DRINKING ME BREADFAST (breakfast)"

icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gificon_surprised.gificon_eek.gif

trust me orange juice smells JUST as bad as milk does on a carpet ! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 7:07pm
post #24 of 30

Twinsy...we've also been to the er to get bellies xrayed because they were being piggy banks, both had broken bones with 5 weeks of each other, and when my younger broke his arm on his brothers bike, I had them take the stitches out of his head where his brother hit him with ovc icon_cry.gif When my oldest was potty training, he would pee in buckets, his tool bench, toybox or whatever else he felt like peeing in and not tell us icon_surprised.gif We would find out when we would smell it! We put an end to that REAL quick! Anyone who knows my boys knows I could go on and on, but I won't! MOST of the time, the yare very well behaved, but the yhave their moments...must get those from their dad!

twinsline7 Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 2:37am
post #25 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen1977

Twinsy...we've also been to the er to get bellies xrayed because they were being piggy banks, both had broken bones with 5 weeks of each other, and when my younger broke his arm on his brothers bike, I had them take the stitches out of his head where his brother hit him with ovc icon_cry.gif When my oldest was potty training, he would pee in buckets, his tool bench, toybox or whatever else he felt like peeing in and not tell us icon_surprised.gif We would find out when we would smell it! We put an end to that REAL quick! Anyone who knows my boys knows I could go on and on, but I won't! MOST of the time, the yare very well behaved, but the yhave their moments...must get those from their dad!

OMG! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif stitches... broken bones??? Im SO dreading that we these two! Ryan is forever jumping off in or out of something...he is constantly bruised ...but oddly enough its my fraidy cat just starting to get his nerve to jump off that has been in the hosp for a concussion when he was on an exercise ball and Ryan thought it would be funny to jump from the couch to the back side of the ball....which sent Jack flying into the wall!
but I so dread the breaks scrapes and stitches! icon_cry.gificon_eek.gif

Im really stressing Jacks hernia surgery coming up....even though the dr has said the recovery should be easy I worry with Ryan involved it may not be!

tchrmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tchrmom Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 1:18am
post #26 of 30

Dare I ask how old these twins are?

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 3:41am
post #27 of 30

This reminded me of when I went out on our deck to see my youngest son with mud dripping down his shirt, hands covered in dirt, calmly chowing down on handfuls of soil from my potted flowers. Of course, his dad was sitting right next to him, totally ignoring him! I kept thinking of the fertilizer and god knows what else he'd eaten!

I also walked in once to find my 6 year old son calmly feeding my 2 1/2 year old son change like he was a slot machine! "but, he LIKES it mama!"

Believe me, your boys will survive. icon_rolleyes.gif I won't tell you how many trips we had for stitches, burns and x-rays, sprains and such! They're 19 and 16 now, perfectly healthy and responsible young men. They even like each other! I can look back and laugh now! Your boys are going to be just fine. thumbs_up.gif

twinsline7 Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 5:48pm
post #28 of 30

tchrmom: ....3...... icon_confused.gificon_lol.gif

Jodie....thank you SO much for telling me they like each other! I worry all the time that they wont...because right now they dont like each other!!! icon_lol.gif

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 5:59pm
post #29 of 30
Quote:

tchrmom: ....3...... icon_confused.gificon_lol.gif

Jodie....thank you SO much for telling me they like each other! I worry all the time that they wont...because right now they dont like each other!!! icon_lol.gif

I've got 3 boys (2,4 &7) and they go in and out of liking each other alot. The older two have hated each other for weeks at a time and then suddenly start getting along again. It's weird. They're siblings...stuck being around each other 24 hrs a day sometimes. School helps aLOT.

mommapaul3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommapaul3 Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 6:05pm
post #30 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by JodieF

I also walked in once to find my 6 year old son calmly feeding my 2 1/2 year old son change like he was a slot machine! "but, he LIKES it mama!"

This remindedme. When MIL's baby #3 was about 3 months old, she caught her two older boys in his crib, sitting on his chest, stuffing raisins in his mouth! icon_eek.gif "Look, Mom! He likes raisins." Yes, DH was one of them. They had to hide him in different places around the house. One morning she woke up and couldn't find him anywhere. She finally called her husband and he had forgotten to tell her he had hidden him in his carrier in the bathtub. She ended up with 11 kids, 9 boys at first then 2 girls at the end. She has some stories!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%