Please Think Good Thoughts For Me!

Lounge By shelbur10 Updated 29 Sep 2007 , 1:44pm by shelbur10

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 10:37pm
post #1 of 8

I really do feel bad about posting about this again, but I can use all the positive energy I can get.
I'm having my 2nd back surgery for a ruptured disc on Thursday. The first one worked beautifully, but I re-ruptured the disc after 6 weeks.
If any of you could send good thoughts or prayers my way on Thursday morning, it would be very much appreciated. I don't think I can stand to go through all this a 3rd time!

The good news is, my company gave me a laptop to work from home during my recovery. So I'll have lots of time for CC from my sofa! icon_lol.gif

7 replies
Marksgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marksgirl Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 10:58pm
post #2 of 8

Here is good thoughts coming to you now. I will put you on my prayer list. I will also include your doctor. icon_biggrin.gif

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 10:59pm
post #3 of 8

I am really sorry you are having to go through this a second time Shel, and I hope everything goes well and your recovery is fast and pain free.

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 1:19am
post #4 of 8

Oh Shelbur.....I will pray for you. How hard this must be on you physically and emotionally. And with little ones. Hang in there.

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 11:27am
post #5 of 8

I'll pray for you!
Sending good thoughts your way!!!
((((((((((((big hugs))))))))))))

shelbur10 Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 1:15am
post #6 of 8

Thank you for the well wishes. If all goes well, I will post on Friday about a very successful procedure!

(prayers for my DH wouldn't be amiss, since he'll be in charge of the kids and house and grocery shopping and cooking...LOL...poor guy's in over his head!)

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 1:49am
post #7 of 8

Okay, praying for everyone on your side of the computer. icon_smile.gif

shelbur10 Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 1:44pm
post #8 of 8

Thank you to all of you for your prayers. It's too soon to tell if the surgery was a complete success, but there were no complications and I'm back at home.
Now for the long slow recovery...right now every part of me hurts, but in a few days I should be able to move around a little better. I'm a lucky woman, my DH is devoting the next few days to taking care of me and friends and family have offered to help in any way possible.
I'm also very lucky to be a part of this community...from what the dr. said, the surgery was quite difficult, took 3 times longer than usual and he had to cut out masses of scar tissue to get to the disc. There is not a doubt in my mind that all the prayers were heard.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%