How Much To Charge For This Cake

Decorating By slb1956 Updated 28 Nov 2006 , 2:12pm by khoudek

slb1956 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slb1956 Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 1:30pm
post #1 of 4

I have a request for a stacked cake 8" and 5" with strawberry filling all in buttercream icing with little hearts on cake with a tiara and a wand ..Its going to be a princess birthday cake. I've never had the opportunity to do this before so need some advice. I do know i will add the tiara and the wand onto the cake price so just needing a price for the cakes in buttercream. Thanks in advance.

3 replies
rsaun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rsaun Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 1:43pm
post #2 of 4

In Columbus, Ohio, I charge $18.00 for 5" and $28.50 for 8" in buttercream w/ buttercream filling. For specialty fillings, I add another $2.00 per cake. So, I guess I would charge $50.50 plus the price of the tiara/wand. Good luck to you!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 1:50pm
post #3 of 4

I charged $40 for an 8 inch triple layer (buttercream filling) with a half ball round on top covered with buttercream roses and basketweaved. I would think $50 or so would be a good price for your cake.

khoudek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khoudek Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 2:12pm
post #4 of 4

I usually add up the cost of my total ingredients, ( this includes any gumpaste, structure devices, boards, .2 % of electrical bill, etc) and multiply by 4. I find it an easy method of pricing because it provides a built in scale to cover my time involved. My filled cakes are torted in 3 layers, so I'd break it down like this: Lets say the ingredients for scratch cakes, filling, icings run about $20.00, cake boards, foil, cake box, dowels rods, electricity, etc run about $4.00. Add the two for $24.00 then multiply by 4 to get $96.00 total for a two tiered stacked cake in buttercream, decorated with hearts and royal icing tiara and wand.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%