Anyone Ever

Decorating By Crystalgal Updated 26 Sep 2007 , 4:31am by amoos

Crystalgal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crystalgal Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 4:40pm
post #1 of 6

I have a customer that wants cherries in the cake for filling. Has anyone ever used the cherry pie filling in a cake? Thanks for all the help on here

5 replies
jwong9664 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jwong9664 Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 5:14pm
post #2 of 6

i work for a grocery store and we use it all the time for ordered cakes. just make sure you pipe a bc dam around the inside of the cake so that the filling doesn't bleed out. hths!

jbart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jbart Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 5:15pm
post #3 of 6

I have not ever used them but I bet that would be good. Just make sure you put a dam around the edge so it don't come out the side.

tasteebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tasteebakes Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 5:30pm
post #4 of 6

It works great! But definitely build that dam all the way around. Also don't get carried away and over fill the cake. I always refrigerate my filled cakes even if they don't need it because I don't want the cake to seep up to much moisture.

Crystalgal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crystalgal Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 5:31pm
post #5 of 6

THANKS

amoos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amoos Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 4:31am
post #6 of 6

I actually made one about 2 days ago. Used a 2 layer, 9in Devil's Food cake mix and put cherry pie filling in the middle. I picked out the cherries though and used the least amount of the "juice" as possible.

When the cakes came out of the oven I poked a few holes in it and spread on a very thin layer of the extra "juice" (gel, juice, whatever you call it). It soaked in the cakes and made them extra moist and yummy flavored!

Then put one cake right side up, piped a BC dam all the way around it, filled it with the cherries I had picked out and put the other cake on top, right side down of course.

Iced the whole thing in bc. (Ended up doing a crumb coat b/c I forgot to letmy cakes get really cold first.)

Finally iced a "nice" layer on it, piped rosettes on the top and bottom for a border and a couple in the middle of the top and topped it with a few maraschino cherries and grated chocolate. Kept in the fridge till time to go.

Everyone LOVED it......only problem is, by the time I went to get a piece, it was ALL GONE icon_cry.gif

Oh well, guess that's a good thing. It was my lazy version of a black forest cake. Anyway, good luck with yours!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%