Help! Beach/ocean Wedding Cake

Decorating By wakezcakez Updated 28 Nov 2006 , 6:29pm by tonenia

wakezcakez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wakezcakez Posted 27 Nov 2006 , 7:47pm
post #1 of 6

Hi Everyone! I'm fairly new at this but I'm in my last week of Wilton Course 3. I'm thinking of braving my own wedding cake in may and our theme is beach or ocean-like. I'm just looking for any creative ideas. icon_confused.gif Everyone on this site is so talented and I'd like to be able to tap into all of you for ideas! My wedding colours are white and turqoise. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much! icon_smile.gif

5 replies
CakesBySandy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesBySandy Posted 27 Nov 2006 , 7:52pm
post #2 of 6

Welcome Wakezcakez!!

Go to the gallery and use "shell" as the search word. You will find some really fabulous ideas.

Sandy

Sweetcakes23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetcakes23 Posted 27 Nov 2006 , 7:54pm
post #3 of 6

I am going to try to attach a picture I had saved of someones cake on here that I thought was beautiful! Actually there are a couple beach themed wedding cakes that are real nice.....try these for ideas! The coral and shells are done out of fondant, you can get molds for.
LL

MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 27 Nov 2006 , 7:57pm
post #4 of 6

Oh my that is a beautiful sea themed cake! Now the one I decorated for my daughter's wedding (caterer baked, I decorated) in chocolates - well candy melts - is pretty, but in a different way. Check out my pics to see what I did. Good luck!

wakezcakez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wakezcakez Posted 27 Nov 2006 , 8:05pm
post #5 of 6

Wow, thank you for your wonderful ideas everyone! That cake is beautiful!

tonenia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonenia Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 6:29pm
post #6 of 6

I made a grooms cake similar to the one above and that was the easiest cake I ever made. There are so many molds out in shells. I used candy melts for the shells and I piped my coral out of royal icing. Be sure to pipe more that what you need. I know your doing all white and turquoise but I used raw sugar which is tan in with my shells for some sand but very lightly.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%