Anyone Know Much About 'smc'?

Lounge By Fishercakes Updated 25 Sep 2007 , 5:50pm by michellenj

Fishercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fishercakes Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 5:44pm
post #1 of 4

My son is wanting to invest some of his summer earned money into a money making business. He has done some research on SMC (specialty Merchandise Company) and decided that he would like to invest in them. The only problem is that almost all of research shows that it is a good company but how can I find out if it really is?

I don't want him to end up losing his hard earned money (and trust me working at the local McDonald's while going to school is hard-earned!). Can anyone advise us of where else to look besides BBB?

Thanks!

3 replies
dominique26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes-r-us Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes-r-us Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 2:43am
post #3 of 4

I belonged to SMC at one time, they do have some nice products. The products do sell. Like with most things, it works if you do. You have many ways to sell the products.

My best sellers were the figurines / statues, ornaments and stuff for kids. I quit that because I didn't want to work that hard. Making cakes was more fun for a side venture for me.

If he is persistent in marketing and is a go-getter it will work for him. There will always be negative side to everything. It may have changed since I joined for $25, but it shouldn't be a hugh investment if he wants to try it.

I see there products in stores, at rest areas that have merchandise for sale, lots of places.

Its not all bad. Like I said he will get out of it what he puts into it. I bought stuff for myself cause I was getting it cheaper than at the store.

He can always start with family and friends for orders.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 5:50pm
post #4 of 4

After reading all those posts (nearly 100) on the ripoffreport, I think I'd look for another opportunity.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%