Eagle Scout Cake

Decorating By catbakes Updated 4 Oct 2007 , 3:15pm by Mencked

catbakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catbakes Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 1:42pm
post #1 of 12

I have an order for an Eagle Scout celebration. I need help with the Boy Scout Eagle symbol. Any ideas how I should make it, it's pretty detailed.

11 replies
Mencked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mencked Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 2:48pm
post #2 of 12

Wow--I'm so glad you posted here--I have to make one for my son in a few weeks. I will link you to 2 I've made for another Eagle Celebration, but there are some neat cake ideas out there--I just googled eagle cakes and some popped up. You can get the eagle symbol by googling images too. I ended up just laminating the symbol for one of the cakes and doing a BC eagle for another one. For my son's cake I want to do some sort of flag-type draping, etc. http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_624823.html Sorry, I must not have uploaded the other cake. I'll dig around on my home computer. Try doing a search here for Eagle or Scouting cakes.

Mencked Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 3:02pm
post #3 of 12

OK I just did a search using key words eagle scout and got great cakes from this sight, many have detailed instructions as to how they made the Eagle Symbol on their cakes--good luck!

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 12:26am
post #4 of 12

I made this for my son's Eagle Scout initiation today. I decided to go for the eagle instead of the medal. It's an FBCT. The ceremony was great, btw! I'm very proud! thumbs_up.gif

Jodie
LL

Mencked Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 2:14am
post #5 of 12

JodieF--You should be proud! We're in the midst of planning my son's ceremony--any suggestions? Your cake looks great!!

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 2:27am
post #6 of 12

The ceremony was pretty much set. Ben just followed what the troop leaders usually did. Most of his troop came to the induction. Ben didn't prepare a speech, which he should have, but he did okay.

We made programs using Publisher, which I'll be happy to share with you, if you are making your own.

We had cake, chips and such for the reception. For drinks there was soda and punch.

The biggest bummer was all the pictures turned out terrible! I don't know what was wrong with our camera! icon_cry.gif

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 3:26am
post #7 of 12

I have made several Eagle Court of Honor cakes for my son's scout troop. My husband is the scoutmaster. Even though they were given a lot of choices about how they wanted the cake decorated, every one of them chose to have the Eagle badge/medal. It's all done free hand in buttercream.
LL

Mencked Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 2:40pm
post #8 of 12

SugarFrosted--WOW!! Freehand--you are talented, beautiful cake. I'd have to get that on the cake with piping gel transfer first, but I love the ribbon look!

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 5:56pm
post #9 of 12

Aww, shucks! Mencked, Thanks so much! icon_redface.gificon_biggrin.gifshhh.gif

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 1:54am
post #10 of 12

Here is the cake that a friend of mine did for her son, earlier this year. The eagle is a figurine, but the hexagon and book are cakes. The hexagon has FBCTs of the symbols from Cub Scouts through Eagle Scout.

Theresa icon_smile.gif
LL

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 2:15am
post #11 of 12

I'm doing one this weekend, too! I'm doing a 3 tiered with fondant. The top is going to say " a Scout is..." and then the other tiers are going to have all their traits-trustworthy, friendly, etc. I still have no idea what to do about the topper.

Mencked Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 3:15pm
post #12 of 12

Summernoelle I can't wait to see what you come up with--I'm still undecided about my son's, but there are such great ideas here!! I'm thinking I may search for some sort of topper like playingwithsugar used and love the use of all of the Cub Scout-Eagle badges/symbols as well as the traits words. Decisions, decisions....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%