Holly Leaf Cutter

Baking By veronelly Updated 27 Nov 2006 , 6:46am by CindyM

veronelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veronelly Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 7:06pm
post #1 of 6

Does anyone know where i can find a small to medium sized holly leaf cutter? Does wilton make one? I purchased the wilton christmas cutter set, but there isnt one with it. I have been searching - im almost desperate!

5 replies
sweetcakes2005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes2005 Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 7:24pm
post #2 of 6

Cookiecutter.com has one on sale for $0.99. I'm not sure what shipping to Canada would be though?

http://www.cookiecutter.com/index.asp?PageAction=PRODSEARCH&txtSearch=holly&btnSearch=GO

baker2699 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoJo40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoJo40 Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 7:37pm
post #4 of 6

Veronelly, if you're wanting to make buttercream holly leaves...In Roland Winbeckler's "Buttercream Flowers" he says the following: Pipe holly leaves using a leaf tip and a tube of green icing. Add two in-and-out "jogs" while piping to create an uneven look. Touch the sides of the leaves with the side of a skewer (or toothpick) and pull away to bring out points on the sides to resemble holly. Holly berries are piped with a #2 tip in a tube of red icing." He also says that the icing bags can be first coated with dark green piping gel (for the leaf) and red piping gel (for the berries). Coating the bags before you put in the green or red icing produces a leaf or berry with a sheen. Very pretty.

sherry4620 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sherry4620 Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 7:42pm
post #5 of 6

Wilton has one in the deluxe fondant set.

CindyM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CindyM Posted 27 Nov 2006 , 6:46am
post #6 of 6

I saw the individual holly cookie cutter at Michael's for .69 this week-end. Any Michael's in Canada?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%