Can I Make Rbs Decorations In Advance?

Decorating By jjmoore Updated 24 Sep 2007 , 3:38am by sun33082

jjmoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjmoore Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 2:27am
post #1 of 3

I am making a baby shower cake and I want to use some rolled buttercream decorations ( a baby onsie and some polka dots) but I don't know how long these will stay good? I only want to try to make it in advance becuase I have never worked with RBC before, do i refridgerate it or freeze it? Please help! Also any tips with working with RBC are greatly appreciated.

2 replies
nikki1201 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikki1201 Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 3:13am
post #2 of 3

jjmoore, i just posted a similar question and didn't really get a response... i really hope someone can help us both! i made my decorations anyway, because i just had to try!!! i'll be sticking them in the freezer tonight and hoping for the best! but it would be good to know in advance if i can actually expect to be able to use them or not! i made my RBC for the first time tonight also (chocolate) and it was SO yummy, i kept eating it! (which is fine because the recipe on her makes a HUGE batch if you're only using it for decorations. one experience i'm happy to be able to share with you tonight, as we are both learning here, is don't be afraid to use more PS! i rolled balls of it in the PS, kneaded it a bit so it all came back together, and then rolled in PS again, then rolled in my hands a bit more until all the PS was absorbed. it made a huge difference! i couldn't shape it as-is for the life of me! and whit PS spots will go away after a while... it is SO greasy!

oh gosh, i can't keep my BF away from them. he says they taste like candy! he can eat all he wants though, it's not like i'll be running out of this anytime soon! it's in a ziploc in the fridge, and he keeps grabbing hunks of it! chocolate was appropriate for the cake i will me usin them on, but i cant wait to make more with different flavors!

enjoy!

i'm uploading a pic of my roses into my photos now! thumbs_up.gif

sun33082 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sun33082 Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 3:38am
post #3 of 3

I would say treat it like butter cream. Good in fridge for two weeks, good in freezer for 2 months.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%