French Vanilla Cake Recipe

Baking By kathyw Updated 26 Nov 2006 , 6:50pm by WickedBlu

kathyw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathyw Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 12:07am
post #1 of 9

Hi--I discovered this site a couple of months ago and absolutely love it!! I see a lot of references to a "french vanilla cake". Could somebody please provide a recipe? Thanks very much.

8 replies
Cakerer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakerer Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 12:11am
post #2 of 9

I'm not sure which one others are referring to, but DH and BC both make a french vanilla cake mix. Pretty good with strawberry filling....

mcalhoun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcalhoun Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 12:13am
post #3 of 9

I use Duncan Hines cake mix, 1 cup sour cream, 1 box french vanilla pudding mix (or cheesecake pudding is way yummy), 4 eggs, 1/4 cup oil, 3/4 cup water. Mix and bake as usual.
HTH
Melissa

kaychristensen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaychristensen Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 12:13am
post #4 of 9

I just use the BC cake mix on the back of the box there is a doctored recipe. It uses milk and an extra egg. YUMMY

Cakerer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakerer Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 1:39am
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcalhoun

I use Duncan Hines cake mix, 1 cup sour cream, 1 box french vanilla pudding mix (or cheesecake pudding is way yummy), 4 eggs, 1/4 cup oil, 3/4 cup water. Mix and bake as usual.
HTH
Melissa

What flavor Cake Mix do you use? Also, what is your favorite filling?

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 3:22am
post #6 of 9

I use DH French vanilla and replace 1/2 the water with French vanilla coffee creamer and the other 1/2 with milk.

kathyw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathyw Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 5:42am
post #7 of 9

Thanks for all the info. I will give it a try. icon_biggrin.gif

mcalhoun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcalhoun Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 6:40pm
post #8 of 9

Kathy I use French Vanilla cake mix and usually cheesecake flavored pudding. I actually use the French Vanilla for almost all of my cakes and then put different pudding in to change the flavor. I like a lite chocolate flavor in my cake so I use the FV cake mix and chocolate pudding. Not such a strong chocolate flavor.

WickedBlu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WickedBlu Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 6:50pm
post #9 of 9

I used the DH french vanilla mix with a lemon whipped cream filling yesterday and it was a big hit!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%