Gingerbread Haunted House Patterns

Decorating By hhcakes Updated 26 Sep 2007 , 8:36pm by dragonflydreams

hhcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hhcakes Posted 23 Sep 2007 , 2:48pm
post #1 of 5

I have a group of Cub Scouts coming early next month to do haunted houses made from gingerbread. Would you share either patterns or ideas for simple but cute haunted houses? I will bake and put together the houses....they will just decorate them (which will be enough for ten 6 year olds!). Thanks.

4 replies
jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Posted 23 Sep 2007 , 4:11pm
post #2 of 5

try
http://home.comcast.net/~frankysattic/index.html

They have alot of patterns there.

HTH

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 8:29am
post #3 of 5

you might want to consider letting the kids build the houses too . . . I think this link has a great way to let even little hands make a great house (you could still make the gingerbread yourself . . . have the kids bring the milk container . . . and let them do the actual "building") . . . I know as a six year old I would have thought this was GREAT fun icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif (anyways, food for thought???)

http://www.kidsturncentral.com/holidays/christmas/gbhouse.htm

have fun what ever you decide to do thumbs_up.gif

hhcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hhcakes Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 7:28pm
post #4 of 5

I found a pattern for a haunted house at www.verybestbaking.com. Go under recipes and type in Spooktacular Haunted House. They have templates to use but be careful. If you want a roof overhang like the picture...the roof will need to be larger. I reduced the template for the house to 85% and used the actual roof pattern. I think the boys will like it.

Thanks for your info jo_ann. That website is Ultimate Gingerbread Houses and they have wonderful patterns. Since I only have the boys for less than 2 hrs. and on a school night , I need to have most of the work done and just let them decorate.

My daughter is back in a classroom teaching this year so I will go to her class in Dec. and help 26 third graders make gingerbread houses. icon_razz.gif

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 8:36pm
post #5 of 5

icon_cool.gificon_cool.gif VERRRY cool . . . thanx for the link icon_cool.gificon_cool.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%