Will It Still Taste Fresh?

Baking By didi5 Updated 25 Nov 2006 , 1:40pm by didi5

didi5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
didi5 Posted 25 Nov 2006 , 4:56am
post #1 of 3

I wanted Dh to bring a cookie tray to his work and I thought that I will be finish by today to bring for tomorrow. I want the cookie tray to include some of the regular cookies (with that I mean chocolate chips, chocolate crinkles, you get the idea) and some decorated sugar cookies. I baked the sugar cookies yesterday but didn't have time to decorate them today. I baked the regular cookies today and I thought I would be able to start on the decorated ones. But life gets in the way, and I think it will take me 2 days to decorate the sugar cookies. So, I think (if everything goes on schedule which it never does) I can send him the tray on Monday. I'm not worried about the sugar cookies coz I know they can stay fresh until then but I am worried about the regular ones. Do you think it will still taste fresh in a sealed container till then. Would freezing them help? I am just afraid that if I freeze them, they will have freezer burn or turn soggy.

2 replies
kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 25 Nov 2006 , 5:13am
post #2 of 3

Personally, I would freeze them -- I think there will be some decrease in quality between now and Monday. I don't think it's enough time for them to get freezer burn, just double-wrap them and when you take them out (like Sunday night) let them thaw while still wrapped.

didi5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
didi5 Posted 25 Nov 2006 , 1:40pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks for the reply kellym. I think I will just freeze them til then. I'm just a bit worried about the chocolate crinkle when it thaws. The powdered sugar around it might disappear due to the moisture. Oh well, I'll just sprinkle some more powdered sugar on it after. We'll see!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%