Mn Decorators.. Help Me?

Decorating By FlowerGirlMN Updated 23 Sep 2007 , 5:59am by delta95

FlowerGirlMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlowerGirlMN Posted 23 Sep 2007 , 3:35am
post #1 of 7

Hey all,

I am in DESPERATE need of a set of single plate system (SPS) separator plates for Tuesday. Called around, ordering them in won't get them here on time!

Looking to borrow, rent, or buy from anyone willing to help me. Have a spare set laying around? Could have it back to you by the following Monday. Know anywhere that sells them locally? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

6 replies
CoutureCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCake Posted 23 Sep 2007 , 5:13am
post #2 of 7

Have you called Lynn's Cake & Candy Supplies up in Fridley?? But, they're only open tomorrow (Saturday) for a VERY small window (I think they close at noon) and then they open back up on Tuesday... Either there or Sweet Celebrations would be my only guesses around here...

The only sets I've really got here besides just straight up stands are the Wilton pillar sets which won't help you much. Most of my cakes are stacked so I never usually worry..

Good luck!

Sarsi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sarsi Posted 23 Sep 2007 , 5:27am
post #3 of 7

Hey- where are you guys from?? Sorry, I dont have any help about the SPS...

I'm curious..we're going to be moving to Minneapolis soon...Nice to know there's fellow ccer's around!!!

GrannieJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrannieJ Posted 23 Sep 2007 , 5:33am
post #4 of 7

I would suggest Sweet Celebrations, they might carry the sps, I don't have that or I would be glad to help. sorry!

CoutureCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCake Posted 23 Sep 2007 , 5:42am
post #5 of 7

I'm on the east side of the cities and used to live in River Falls before I got married... You're not too far away from me, about the standard "half hour" icon_lol.gif (and right on the way if I'm driving down to my parent's place)..

I'm actually hosting the ICES Fall DOS on October 14th, so hopefully the two of you can come!! We're having River Valley do the food because I've basically got a Margaret Braun style cake to deliver that Saturday. They Day of Sharing is always a blast because there's something for everyone regardless of where you are in your technique. Joe also does a good job in putting together prizes for the events too.

Sarsi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sarsi Posted 23 Sep 2007 , 5:51am
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoutureCake

I'm on the east side of the cities and used to live in River Falls before I got married... You're not too far away from me, about the standard "half hour" icon_lol.gif (and right on the way if I'm driving down to my parent's place)..

I'm actually hosting the ICES Fall DOS on October 14th, so hopefully the two of you can come!! We're having River Valley do the food because I've basically got a Margaret Braun style cake to deliver that Saturday. They Day of Sharing is always a blast because there's something for everyone regardless of where you are in your technique. Joe also does a good job in putting together prizes for the events too.

icon_eek.gif SHUT UP!!! (sorry! icon_redface.gif ) I cant believe this!!! I grew up in River Falls!!! After I got married, moved to Baldwin, WI, and now we're movin to Minneapolis... This is toooo hillarious!!! icon_lol.gif

You should PM me with your name!! Wouldnt it be funny if we once knew eachother!?!?!?

delta95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
delta95 Posted 23 Sep 2007 , 5:59am
post #7 of 7

Hi Flower girl...I live in Coon Rapids and was also going to suggest Lynn's. They have a ton of stuff and Lynn is a cake decorator so at the very least, maybe she would have something of her own you could borrow. Otherwise, what about calling other bakers and seeing if you can rent their equipt. I don't know..never hurts to try. GOOD LUCK!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%