Viva Method Rocks

Decorating By Crystal74 Updated 23 Sep 2007 , 6:34pm by Rendee

Crystal74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crystal74 Posted 23 Sep 2007 , 2:24am
post #1 of 11

I LOVE VIVA paper towels. I tried this for the first time last night and I couldn't believe what a difference it made!!! I made my first 9x13 torted,filled cake with chocolate icing and my first image transfer. It's a Cleveland Browns helmet for my brother's B-day and I'm so happy with the way it turned out. I love cake decorating. I don't feel I'm that creative,but I hope to get better with each attempt with the help of all of you!

I'll post some pics when I can get them loaded on the computer :O)

Crystal

10 replies
MRRRAR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MRRRAR Posted 23 Sep 2007 , 2:35am
post #2 of 11

I agree...looking forward to seeing your photos!

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 23 Sep 2007 , 2:51am
post #3 of 11

Welcome to CC Crystal74 and MRRAR! icon_smile.gif
I have been using the viva method for 2 years now, it's wonderful! Can't wait to see your cakes thumbs_up.gif
Jibbies

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 23 Sep 2007 , 2:53am
post #4 of 11

Oops! That should read 26 years!
Jibbies

Bev55 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bev55 Posted 23 Sep 2007 , 11:59am
post #5 of 11

I love usng Viva paper towels on my buttercream icing. I love it when people have to ask: is it fondant or buttercream? Then you know the Viva has done its job. It makes using buttercream a whole lot easier.

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 23 Sep 2007 , 12:16pm
post #6 of 11

Welcome to CC Crystal, from a fellow Ohioan thumbs_up.gif You'll learn GREAT things here, waiting for the posts of the pictures!!!!!!

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 23 Sep 2007 , 12:28pm
post #7 of 11

Another Viva fan here. I couldn't imagine decorating a cake without my Viva. I had one family member tell me that my cake was really pretty but she didn't think that she would like the fondant because she had heard that fondant doesn't taste good icon_lol.gif She was surprised when we cut the cake and she saw that it was buttercream.... Now if she had really taken a closer look she probably would have been able to determine that it wasn't fondant but it was really funny. Yep, Viva ROCKS!!

nikki1201 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikki1201 Posted 23 Sep 2007 , 5:10pm
post #8 of 11

Another thing i've been reading about but haven't gotten to try yet! I ♥ this place!

Soon enough I'll be able to make enough cakes to try everything... Between my family and my BF's family, we have 7 birthdays in December... plus mine! I read the article on the Viva method... I really hope it's not too difficult! icon_rolleyes.gif

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 23 Sep 2007 , 5:17pm
post #9 of 11

Oh NO, it's not hard at all. Trust me, if I can do it, ANYONE can do it icon_lol.gif You just let your buttercream crust and then place a Viva sheet (plain white, no color design) over the top of the cake and smooth either with you fingers or a fondant smoother. I personally find it easier to just use my hands and fingers. Once you get the top smooth, then place the paper towel on the side and smooth that . It really is that simple. You'll be able to figure out how much pressure to apply by how smooth it's getting. You'll know if you need to press just a bit harder. Also, make sure that you use the smoothest side of the paper towel. That's it.........

nikki1201 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikki1201 Posted 23 Sep 2007 , 6:28pm
post #10 of 11

Can't wait! I'm going to try it in a few weeks for my cousins 17th bday.... she loves starbucks so i am going to make WASC cake and add a bit of cappuccino flavored LorAnn oil to the BC.... I also plan to try a frozen BC transfer for the first time on this cake... This should be an experience! They way i am picturing it, it will be awesome.. as long as i can pull it off!

Rendee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rendee Posted 23 Sep 2007 , 6:34pm
post #11 of 11

Viva papertowels ROCK!! I have recently starting using it on my cakes and I had someone ask me on my last cake if I had used fondant. I love it! Wish I would've tried it sonner!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%