Does This Need Anything Else?

Decorating By fabbo Updated 25 Sep 2007 , 1:23pm by fabbo

fabbo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fabbo Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 1:31pm
post #1 of 21

This is the wedding cake finally done at midnight. I'm so nervous I could puke. I went with my sis (who's maid of honor at this wedding) to the reception place last night to see the layout and where I put the cake. The lady there asked if I was refriderating the cake before hand. I said no it's just bc and it has red fondant. She asked "so"? I said I didn't want condensation and colors leaking. She said she has done cakes and never had a problem. She said if there is any problems with the cake then she will come find me and I can cut it icon_eek.gif Hello, I'm a guest with my family and not being paid to cut it too! Sorry guess I just needed to vent a little too. Does it look OK? Does it need anything else? There's a bow for the top with the tails draping down the sides.
LL

20 replies
ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 2:19pm
post #2 of 21

Looks good to me. Make sure to post the finished product.

Antylucifer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Antylucifer Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 4:57pm
post #3 of 21

I think it looks good as well. It has a classic, elegant look to it and adding something may give it a muddled look. My vote goes to keeping it as is. You did a magnificant job and it looks beautiful.

Dawncurby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dawncurby Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 5:02pm
post #4 of 21

Great job!! and don't you dare cut it for them..let her do it...

SweetSandee92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSandee92 Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 5:13pm
post #5 of 21

I agree with the others.. your cake is beautiful as is..simply wonderful!! You did an excellent job.. I love the red..my fav color!!icon_smile.gif

SuHwa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SuHwa Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 5:22pm
post #6 of 21

Keep it as is. Jaw dropping, over-done details are fine in their place, but my favorite cakes are always those done cleanly with simplicity. I always think that it adds to the sophistication some how...

It's going to be a beautiful set up. thumbs_up.gif

Sionann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sionann Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 5:31pm
post #7 of 21

Looks great. Can't wait to see it all together. Love the red with the silver details. Don't you just love those people who have 'done cakes before'. If someone has trouble cutting that cake then they are a goofball....lol. Think she just might have been lining you up for the job?

katwomen1up Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katwomen1up Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 10:04pm
post #8 of 21

I think it is striking, beautiful just as it is. Great job! thumbs_up.gif

Kat

fabbo Posted 23 Sep 2007 , 3:19am
post #9 of 21

Wedding cakes are so nerve racking to do. When I went to stack the cakes my crusted bc cracked quite a bit. I fixed as much as I could. Some of my fondant on the sides cracked as well.How do you wedding cake people prevent this? While transporting I cringed every time I went over a bump. The bride loved it in the end so that's what matters. I'll post pics soon.

jenncowin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenncowin Posted 23 Sep 2007 , 3:27am
post #10 of 21

I think it looks wonderful as is. The bow will definitely add the finished look. As for the cracking during transport...you might try putting some foam under the cakes. That is what we do at the shop I work at and it helps cushion the bumps. We use an icing that forms a GOOD crust and we don't have a problem. Can't wait to see the finished cake!

jlh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlh Posted 23 Sep 2007 , 3:42am
post #11 of 21

Perfect just like it is. I agree with the person above... less is more. It's stunning. Leaving it out this time of year would be the best, I totally agree with you!!! They are going to LOVE it.

nicksmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicksmom Posted 23 Sep 2007 , 3:46am
post #12 of 21

looks great cant wait to see the finished product.I too had a wedding this past week and the darn @#$%#[email protected] icing cracked as well. So if anyone does know why BC cracks I would like to know too.

fabbo Posted 23 Sep 2007 , 2:11pm
post #13 of 21

Here it is. You can't see the cracks much in the picture and the worst damage is in the back. The cracking happened when I stacked the tiers. I had double layer cardboard under each tier. I guess it's still not enough. Better ideas anyone? Everyone at the wedding said they loved it so that's something. Oh yeah, I didn't cut the cake.
LL

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 23 Sep 2007 , 3:15pm
post #14 of 21

great job!

It's absolutely stunning

SuHwa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SuHwa Posted 23 Sep 2007 , 5:46pm
post #15 of 21

Simpley lovely. Just as I thought it would be. icon_lol.gif

katwomen1up Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katwomen1up Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 9:51am
post #16 of 21

You did a wonderful job, it's beautiful! thumbs_up.gif

formerbuckeye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
formerbuckeye Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 6:29pm
post #17 of 21

Did you use dowel rods in the two bottom tiers? If not, it's possible that the cakes weren't completly level and when you went over the bumps the weight of the other tiers bouncing could have caused it to "bow" slightly and cause cracking. Does what I'm saying make sense to you?

Smckchat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smckchat Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 6:36pm
post #18 of 21

This is such a beautiful cake. Simple but elegant.

Job Well Done!

Susie thumbs_up.gif

snowqueen93 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowqueen93 Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 6:39pm
post #19 of 21

I absolutely love it! Great work!

CoutureCakeCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCakeCreations Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 6:39pm
post #20 of 21

Dont Change a thing. I think it georgous.!!!

fabbo Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 1:23pm
post #21 of 21

Thanks everyone! I needed to hear this from fellow CCer's. My husband says it didn't look professional and I needed to give them back their money icon_eek.gif I told him I'd like to see him do it. He said it didn't look professional like Duff or the other cake people I watch. I was so upset while setting it up. Things are still a bit chilly at home. Everyone at work loved it when they saw the pictures. I was stressed out but happy with it.

Formerbuckeye- I had seven wooden dowels in the bottom and there was one in the middle of the bottom two layers. I put the top one on at site. It was cracking when I stacked. I thought I had enogh support underneath but I guess not.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%