Frankenstein Anyone?

Decorating By jenhos Updated 22 Sep 2007 , 7:42am by dragonflydreams

jenhos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenhos Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 9:42pm
post #1 of 5

I've been asked to make a frankenstein cake for a halloween party. Anyone have any ideas?

4 replies
elvisb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elvisb Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 9:49pm
post #2 of 5

I did a bride of frankenstien cake one year for halloween. It's in my gallery if you want to take a peek. I made it in the angel food bar pan so I could get the really tall hair on there. You could do Frank in a square pan or make a 9x13 the whole head. Jumbo marshmallows painted black would be great for the bolts sticking out of his neck. The great part is taht you're doing a less than perfect looking character, so if you mess something up, it makes it look that much better.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 9:51pm
post #3 of 5

Here's the link to an awesome tute by Bronwen Weber, from ACD's Monthly Slice --

http://www.americancakedecorating.com/slice/01-07/Frankenstein/

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Hollyanna70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hollyanna70 Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 7:16am
post #4 of 5

Love that tutorial.. Thanks for sharing.

I might have to make this one too, for my husband's Halloween party this year. icon_smile.gif

Hrm.. I wonder if I can talk him into buying me that air compressor I need for my airbrush now, you know, since it's something I'm making for him. icon_twisted.gif

There are a ton of Frankenstein cakes on this site.. There was one in particular I really liked, but I'm having a hard time finding it again. If I do find it, I will post a link to it here.

Here's the rest of them, though.. http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&meta=search&type=full&search=frankenstein&pageID=1#

Hope this helps,

Holly

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 7:42am
post #5 of 5

icon_twisted.gif great link playingwithsugar . . . thanx for sharing!!! icon_twisted.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%