Cupcake Liners And Chocolate Cake

Decorating By adawndria Updated 24 Sep 2007 , 12:33am by punkinpie

adawndria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adawndria Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 9:10pm
post #1 of 6

I made chocolate cupcakes for a friend's b-day. This is the first time I've made a chocolate cake, can you believe that? Anyway, I bought the cute Wilton Snappy Stripes pink liners to jazz up the cupcakes because I couldn't think of anything cute to do on top of the cupcakes. I was not in a creative mood. Point of the story, after I baked the cake and it got really dark and chocolate-y, you couldn't even tell that the liners were colored! So disappointed...but lesson learned. icon_smile.gif

5 replies
stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 4:11am
post #2 of 6

Sorry that you wasted your money icon_cry.gif I bet they were very tasty...I love chocolate icon_biggrin.gif

Joy2501 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joy2501 Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 4:25pm
post #3 of 6

I ususally bake chocolate cupcakes in two liners. That way you still get to see the colour of the liner.

CakesBySandy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesBySandy Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 4:36pm
post #4 of 6

That happened to me so I switched to using gold or silver foil liners when doing choc cupcakes.

adawndria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adawndria Posted 23 Sep 2007 , 9:52pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks for the double liner and gold/silver foil tips! I could get myself into all sorts of trouble buying cute cupcake liners!

punkinpie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
punkinpie Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 12:33am
post #6 of 6

The EXACT same thing happened to me last week and I was soooo disappointed. I love the stripey liners and wish we could get the matching boxes here. I tried doubling the liners but the second one (outside one) just fell off.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%