Check Out This Cool Mixer

Decorating By mcalhoun Updated 23 Sep 2007 , 4:06am by golfgirl1227

mcalhoun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcalhoun Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 8:06pm
post #1 of 11

I have been doing some research on the Viking 7 quart and ran across this! http://www.pleasanthillgrain.com/magic_mill_dlx_mixer.aspx It looks like it would be awesome!!!! And it is 8 quarts! icon_eek.gif Just wondering if anyone on here had heard of it or better yet owns one. I would appreciate any and all opinions.
TIA
Melissa

10 replies
golfgirl1227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
golfgirl1227 Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 3:13am
post #2 of 11

I don't have that one, but I do have the 7 quart Viking, and LOVE it. Makes my KA look/work like a toy!!! But I still love my KA.

shannonann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannonann Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 9:36am
post #3 of 11

I have also been looking at that mixer. I posted a thread asking for input on it but did not get much response. I think the people on this sight are very loyal to KA. I hope you get some more input!

mcalhoun Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 2:28pm
post #4 of 11

Thanks ladies. I am now very torn between the Viking and the DLX. I found a store that actually carries the Viking but have not found the DLX in a store. Call it silly but before I pay that much for a mixer I want to touch it and see it in person.
Melissa

cakesbycombs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycombs Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 2:45pm
post #5 of 11

i love how the top is open, you wouldn't have to raise your paddle (or try to squeeze in between) to add ingredients! and personally, i hate my KA so this is a welcome topic! thanks

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 6:18pm
post #6 of 11

I don't have the Magic Mill... I do have the 7-quart Viking and I'll tell ya - one of the features I absolutely LOVE about my Viking is how the bowl tapers toward the bottom. This way, I can do smaller batches without the mixture spreading out all over the place. Looks like you couldn't do that with the Magic Mill.

JenWith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenWith Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 7:10pm
post #7 of 11

The Viking 7 quart mixer is on my wish list with my husband. We saw it over the summer at the King Arthur Bake Store in VT and now that I've seen it in person, I really want it. My husband knows. Maybe it will be under the christmas tree... icon_wink.gif

mcalhoun Posted 23 Sep 2007 , 1:24am
post #8 of 11

The thing I think is so cool about the Viking is it has back wheels to slide it on the counter top. Do they really work?

cakenutz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakenutz Posted 23 Sep 2007 , 1:42am
post #9 of 11

I think it looks awesome if you can grind grain and knead 10 loaves of bread at a time. I do like that open top. I have 2 KA lift bowl and an Artisan but if I had the money I might be forced to buy it.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 23 Sep 2007 , 3:03am
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcalhoun

The thing I think is so cool about the Viking is it has back wheels to slide it on the counter top. Do they really work?

Absolutely YES!! I keep my Viking on the counter, but the head will not clear the cabinets above when tilted back. So, I have to roll that baby out every time I use it. I actually roll it out and turn it sideways. Very easy to move around. Really helps with the cleaning, too.

golfgirl1227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
golfgirl1227 Posted 23 Sep 2007 , 4:06am
post #11 of 11

Ditto everything DianeLM said about the Viking. Sorry I wasn't as informative! The wheels are awesome, and the tapered bowl is a great feature as well. It's a great mixer!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%