Do You Get Help?

Lounge By Zmama Updated 24 Nov 2006 , 12:34am by NEWTODECORATING

Zmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zmama Posted 22 Nov 2006 , 6:58pm
post #1 of 6

Just wondering how many are wonder women (and men), and how many get help for the holiday cooking.

Right now I am sitting on my butt waiting for my fiance to wash up the dishes. We can't be in the kitchen at the same time because it's TOO SMALL. icon_cry.gif

5 replies
BakeQueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakeQueen Posted 22 Nov 2006 , 9:27pm
post #2 of 6

Zmama,

This year I'm working until 5pm today and did not have time to grocery shop. So, I opted to use a caterer to do everything except the desserts this year. It saved on the stress and worry. icon_lol.gif

redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 22 Nov 2006 , 10:21pm
post #3 of 6

My dh does the dishes and helps with the shopping. My son, if he isn't busy with his schoolwork or sports, also helps in the kitchen. I really have something to be thankful for!

RedPanda

mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 23 Nov 2006 , 10:59pm
post #4 of 6

My dm came over last nighta nd helped me clean everything...from bathrooms to floors to the trash and this morning, dh helped me prepare the food and afterwards, my mom & I did the dishes.

I'm the dishwasher in this house, nothing electric, lol!

Happy Thanksgiving all!

BTW.....I gave me dm a big hug and asked how I could help her and I told my dh that I was very grateful for him & his help b/c I'm sure a lot of women do it all.....like my sil!

good36 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
good36 Posted 23 Nov 2006 , 11:41pm
post #5 of 6

My kids and husband are really good at helping. I do the cooking but they carve the turkey and set up the tables. Family members offer to bring whatever I need too! I have a wonderful immediate and extended family!
Judy

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 24 Nov 2006 , 12:34am
post #6 of 6

Wonder woman here!! icon_sad.gif

3 decorated cakes, 5 pumpkin rolls, 6 dozen pumpkin cookies, 6 cupcakes and a smash cake due between yesterday and tommorrow.

I cleaned the WHOLE house including running a carpet scrubber through every room, and prepared a huge thanksgiving feast for 12 people! My mom did bring the sweet potato casserole and slaw and helped wash the dishes/load the dishwasher after. DH family--NOTHING! icon_cry.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%