Colouring Chocolate

Decorating By murf Updated 21 Sep 2007 , 10:13pm by torki

murf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
murf Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 5:32pm
post #1 of 3

Dear All,
I read the post about the chocolate transfers with interest as I wanted to try them out but was a bit worried about the colouring issue as my local cake decorating supply shop didn't have any of the colourings that people were talking about. Today I had a try at them and because I wasn't able to get colours, I tried with a little of the Sugarflair colour paste that I use for my fondant. It worked brilliantly! No sign of any separating or any of the other problems that I was expecting. This is always the problem that I have with trying to get hold of things that are easy to buy in the states but not here! How I wish I could swap for a little while to try out some of your fab things! And you could have 1. no summer 2. rubbish cake flavours etc 3. I could go on and on.............
So just thought I'd share that with you all.

2 replies
dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 10:02pm
post #2 of 3

I use Wilton paste colors and my only difficulty comeswth black and red b/c it makes it so thick. But this past time I added a liile Crisco & it took care of the problem. it took a little longer to set up, but it worked just fine icon_biggrin.gif

torki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
torki Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 10:13pm
post #3 of 3

you can use petal dust... make a paste with canola oil dust.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%