Whats Happened??

Decorating By button-moon Updated 24 Sep 2007 , 8:50pm by meancat

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 11:07am
post #31 of 36

Ya know Kly I agree with you. If you can't say anything nice about a cake DONT sugar coat. and DONT leave a nasty comment like

"it sucks" on one either...do you know I have seen 3 of these comments made by different "newbies" in the last few weeks and it breaks my heart icon_sad.gif

KlyKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KlyKat Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 11:29am
post #32 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

Ya know Kly I agree with you. If you can't say anything nice about a cake DONT sugar coat. and DONT leave a nasty comment like

"it sucks" on one either...do you know I have seen 3 of these comments made by different "newbies" in the last few weeks and it breaks my heart icon_sad.gif

That's just uncalled for!!!! (I THINK) no one should ever leave a comment such as that. If you can't say something nice (or nicely constructive) keep your mouth shut tapedshut.giftapedshut.giftapedshut.gif K'ly

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 2:33pm
post #33 of 36

Sarahnicole -

Just to let you know, I, in no way, am angry with you. You are just as entitled to express your opinion as I am. I hope that you did not take my statements to mean anything personal to you or your opinion.

Being a rebel at heart, I have always celebrated the right of others to their opinion, even if it did not agree with mine. I practice the theory of agreeing to disagree, if it comes to down to it. Unfortunately, when you have a group of people who are as close-knit as we are here on CC, emotions tend to rise, just as they do in families, and sometimes we argue. Some statements strike a bad nerve in some members. Some hold grudges. Fortunately, most of us have the ability to get over it and move on. And now that I have vented over the newbie incident, so can I.

Take care -

Theresa icon_smile.gif

sarahnichole975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahnichole975 Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 6:41pm
post #34 of 36

Theresa,

I'm really sorry it took me so many days to reply to this. Left to go camping with the family (sighs....ahhhhhh...family time). Nothing like it to make you realize what REALLY matters in life. Anyway, NO, I did not think at all you were upset. I just really thought it stunk that you'd take the time to give a comment on a cake you didn't think was spectacular but was at least "nice" and someone would be rude enough to be so ugly about it. I could see why that would make someone NOT want to leave comments. Bottom line, everyones gonna do what they want to. If you look at something I've done and think it's great or not and you leave me a comment or not, I know I'm still proud. I appreciate what I get. And if you see something, a change or flaw that you think really could make a difference, please tell me. I wear big girl panties, I can take it. And like I said, I come here to learn, and am constantly doing so.

My feelings were a bit hurt and I was sad that I had angered everyone, but you're right, we do get over it, and I did.

Love to the CC community! icon_smile.gif)

meancat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meancat Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 8:47pm
post #35 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by button-moon

i cant remember if ive posted this before or not?
whats happened to all you lovely cake central members? we should all aim to leave at least 10 comments on peoples cakes everyday....i think its sad that not many people leave comments any more....it boosts confidence....spurs people on to make more cakes.
no matter how bad the cake....you used to get lovely comments.
get out there n do some typing!

Sorry, but I'm not going to give someone false hope when their cake looks bad. That is called lying and I'm not into that. If it looks good, I will leave a good comment.

meancat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meancat Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 8:50pm
post #36 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakepro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahnichole975

Karma ladies, every religion in the world believes in it in some way.

LOL, karma.

Oh, what bad things await me because I fail to blow smoke up someone's butt about their sloppy cake? icon_lol.gif

Sorry - couldn't resist. Pulling out the karma card made me laugh. icon_biggrin.gif

haha You rock! I so agree with you!!! You couldn't have said it better! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%