3 New Cakes

Decorating By frog80 Updated 24 Nov 2006 , 11:55am by frog80

frog80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frog80 Posted 22 Nov 2006 , 4:18pm
post #1 of 9

Here are my latest cakes. One is another version of my "Over the Tarheel" cake in my photos. The mother just didn't want it to say "Over the Tarheel". The other is for my DH's new stepbrother's girlfriend. My MIL ordered it. And the last is for my parents. The are good friends with these people who own a sports bar in Myrtle Beach and wanted to have a cake done for Thanksgiving. The turkey is made with a ball pan, covered with CBC and the feathers and head are all mmf and gum paste. Really fun to make. Anyways, thanks for looking and as always I would love your comments.
LL
LL
LL
LL

8 replies
Laura102777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laura102777 Posted 22 Nov 2006 , 4:22pm
post #2 of 9

Three great cakes! I especially love the turkey, he's such a cutie!!!

mrsdawnwhite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsdawnwhite Posted 22 Nov 2006 , 4:24pm
post #3 of 9

All three are wonderful.. I love the turkey he is too cute... How did you make him???

Dawn

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 22 Nov 2006 , 4:25pm
post #4 of 9

Your cakes are beautiful, love the leaves, turkey and basketweave.

Bradymom6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bradymom6 Posted 22 Nov 2006 , 4:25pm
post #5 of 9

Great cakes!!! I think they are fantastic. The turkey looks great. Maybe one day I will be able to do cakes like these.
Bradymom

katharry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katharry Posted 22 Nov 2006 , 6:39pm
post #6 of 9

Great cakes! Love the turkey how cute! Your writing is so neat! thumbs_up.gif

olana11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
olana11 Posted 23 Nov 2006 , 1:45am
post #7 of 9

Very nice! thumbs_up.gif Turkey is my fav he is so cute.

cakesbyamym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyamym Posted 23 Nov 2006 , 3:45pm
post #8 of 9

Love the cute turkey cakes!!! Hey, from one Carolina girl to another, GO HEELS!!! Love the UNC cake!!!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!
Amy

frog80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frog80 Posted 24 Nov 2006 , 11:55am
post #9 of 9

mrsdawnwhite: for the turkey, I used one half of the ball pan. I then froze the cake and carved it out just a bit. For the feathers effect on him I used the rose tip and made u shapes. For the feathers in the tail I used gum paste colored and cut out to the shape I wanted. For the head, beak, and "goozle" I used gum paste and mmf. After the head had set up for a while and hardened, I attached the beak and "goozle" and attached it to the cake with icing. Then I piped on the eyes and bowtie. After the feathers had hardened, I stuck them in the tail in various places to make the tail look full. HTH and thanks for your comments. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%