Need Help With Non Chocolate Lover Client

Decorating By JawdroppingCakes Updated 22 Sep 2007 , 6:16pm by dragonflydreams

JawdroppingCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JawdroppingCakes Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 3:22am
post #1 of 9

I need all cc'ers please. I was asked to make a cake for Tuesday by a doctor for his wife. He asked me to make a 3d pink martini cake with the olive and I thought of making fake lip prints on the edge of the glass so that it would look like she had sipped from it. He wants it girls. I have no problem with all that part, the part I'm having trouble with is that it's a cake for 50 people and he left the flavors up to me to pick as long as it has no chocolate. He said, suprise my wife and me with something good. I don't know what kind of cake and fillings to make. I usually do the chocolate but they don't want it. What do you all suggest? Thanks for the help in advance.

8 replies
melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 3:40am
post #2 of 9

carrot cake with whipped cream cream cheese frosting http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-901-Whipped-Cream-Frosting.html and cc smbc

amaretto cake with espresso smbc

lemon zest with raspberry puree and lemon smbc

torki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
torki Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 12:54pm
post #3 of 9

what about WASC???.... I use this for my "no" chocolate customers

JawdroppingCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JawdroppingCakes Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 4:03pm
post #4 of 9

thanks so much for your help the amareto cake sounds nice

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 5:11pm
post #5 of 9

WASC is my favorite

Also love lemon cake with raspberry filling

Spice cake with cinnamon BC filling

melysa Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 3:52am
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by geenieyez

thanks so much for your help the amareto cake sounds nice

here is the recipe i use for the amaretto cake- except for instead of using all the buttermilk, i add 1/2 cup amaretto and and the rest buttermilk. if the flavor is not strong enough for your liking, add 1 tsp pure almond extract. its delicious.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/109358

for the espresso smbc, i use elisa strauss' (from confetti cakes) recipe and add 1/4 cup STRONG coffee for every 2 cups of icing. the flavor is really light and it compliments the amaretto SO nicely.

i

melysa Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 3:54am
post #7 of 9

i forgot to say that if you dont have quick access to a liqueur store that sells amaretto, but if you have vodka on hand (for painting with luster dust etc) you can make your own. its a simple recipe of vodka, water, white and brown sugar, almond and vanilla extract. i'll find the link if you want it.

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 4:14am
post #8 of 9

hi there . . . if you haven't already checked this thread . . .
"top shelf" cakes . . . you might get some inspiration from some of the ideas here (especially with the liquor connection) . . . some of them sound sinfully delicious!!!! icon_evil.gifparty.gificon_evil.gifparty.gif

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 6:16pm
post #9 of 9

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-22947-0-days0-orderasc-.html

"attempting" to load link??

edited to say "oh yeah . . . it even worked" icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%