Calling All "girly" Ladies What Cake Would Thrill

Decorating By MustloveDogs Updated 21 Sep 2007 , 9:30pm by tasha27

MustloveDogs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MustloveDogs Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 6:31am
post #1 of 17

Hi,
I am donating a cake to a breast cancer charity and I want something "girly" and have come up almost blank.
I want to do something new and have already done a makeup bag and a lady in a bath cake so it's got to be something else! icon_rolleyes.gif
I could maybe do a handbag, only I have no idea how but thought is there something really girly that I could do? What theme would you love if you had a chance for a 3d feminine cake??

Thanks
Curvy thumbs_up.gif

16 replies
cakenutz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakenutz Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 6:50am
post #2 of 17

Alouis Vitton Handbag.

Hollyanna70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hollyanna70 Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 7:16am
post #3 of 17

What about something like this.. http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=34597? Florimbio did it, and I think it's just a wonderful "girly" cake.. hehe

Or is this what you were talking about when you said you already did one with a bath? I don't consider them the same thing, but some people might. icon_smile.gif

Maybe you could replace the make-up with other spa related stuff.. A pitcher of cucumber water, a towel, finger sandwiches and tea.. Spas have that, right? *shrug* Just an idea.

Hope this helps,

Holly

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 7:20am
post #4 of 17

I really like those shoebox cakes that some ppl have done on here icon_smile.gif

gingerkitten79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingerkitten79 Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 7:33am
post #5 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curvy

Hi,
I am donating a cake to a breast cancer charity and I want something "girly" and have come up almost blank.
I want to do something new and have already done a makeup bag and a lady in a bath cake so it's got to be something else! icon_rolleyes.gif
I could maybe do a handbag, only I have no idea how but thought is there something really girly that I could do? What theme would you love if you had a chance for a 3d feminine cake??

Thanks
Curvy thumbs_up.gif

OOOO curvy! I am a very girly girl! I'm just about to leave work, let me have a think on the tram and i will get back to you for what would thrill me!

CakeRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRN Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 8:01am
post #6 of 17

I think this cake is the bomb and very girly...I would love to have this one....also I love the cakes that have a slice cut out and they have the rock candy over them that looks almost like diamonds...I like shiny things...lots of bling...

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_673663.html

gingerkitten79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingerkitten79 Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 9:14am
post #7 of 17

You know what kind of cake would thrill this girly girl??
2 small tiers, iced pink with lots of apple green, yellow, baby blue and lilac undertones. Maybe lacework, pearls, swirls?
I think that would be divine, almost like a high tea type of feel to it.
Thats my two bobs worth anyway... Coming from the girl who cant decide if she wants a pink, pistachio yellow or cream Kitchenaid icon_wink.gif

RICKASH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RICKASH Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 12:15pm
post #8 of 17

I was thinking PINK, PINK, PINK and more PINK....
Two tiers with pretty flowers like roses & daisies, ribbons, bows, gems/jewels hearts, scrolls.
This is what pops to mind.

Rincewind Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rincewind Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 12:41pm
post #9 of 17

I love girly cakes. I'm the only girl in a house of boys, so I don't get much practice with them, though.

I'd also love a two-tiered cake... with lots of rosy pink, white, creamy yellows; flowers, bow, swags, etc. Or maybe a Pamela Silin-Palmer Rabbits of the Rainbow sort of theme would be neat. I love those Renaissance-style clothes she has her animals in- so beautiful.

harmonhouseofraymond Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
harmonhouseofraymond Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 1:05pm
post #10 of 17

Hey,

To me nothing says girly like those cakes that are shaped like the victorias secret box with the top askew and a little piece of lingerie comming out. That way you have the pink for breast cancer and something a little sexy showing not matter what the adversity us woman are still sexy!

jillycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillycakes Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 1:05pm
post #11 of 17

If you want to go w/ the breast cancer theme, newtocakes did this wonderful and very feminine cake:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=84388

MustloveDogs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MustloveDogs Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 9:27pm
post #12 of 17

Thanks so much everyone!
I forgot all about shoe boxes ooh That could work well!!
I thought I would try to keep it pink a bit too for breast cancer, so maybe one of the pink and chocolate striped shoe boxes with a shoe on top.
I was thinking a shaped cake rather than tiered as I haven't dealt with dowels much and they SCARE me!! icon_lol.gif

tcbalgord Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcbalgord Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 9:40pm
post #13 of 17

Let me start by saying bravo on helping a wonderful cause!
All of you have such wonderful ideas; I want to get dressed up and go out!

I am a BC survivor and while I was sick, losing hair and pasty; nothing made me feel more like a girl then my string of pearls. (They were fake) So, I see a very elegant pink jewelry box with pearls hanging out and some other pieces of jewelry.

Good luck!

ladij153 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladij153 Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 9:40pm
post #14 of 17

Shoes.....definitely shoes.....I'm a girly girl albeit a really old one and I LOVE shoes!!!! I vote for shoes. How about SHOES????

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 9:48pm
post #15 of 17

I really like those cakes that almost look like a waistline but their usually draped with fondant and then topped with roses. See a lot of that type of thing in the UK magazins. I think their unique! And I saw one that in the center had bling and then the fondant looked like it gathered under it. Really, really cool!
You can go to www.crumbscakeart.com.au ad see it. Its purple, lavender and white with roses and cake beads on top.

nicolevoorhout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicolevoorhout Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 11:05pm
post #16 of 17

Have you seen those cakes shaped like a neck and top of the bust with jewellery, like a jewellery stand, oh here, like these,
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=921603
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=673663
you could do something like this with a necklace on it that has the breast cancer ribbon. It's girly, (jewellery) and it's significant, (necklace, breast cancer symbol). Just another idea.

tasha27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tasha27 Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 9:30pm
post #17 of 17

I vote for the shoebox cake with the shoe on top.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%