Post Your First Wedding Cake Picture~

Decorating By melysa Updated 20 Nov 2006 , 9:12pm by cakemommy

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 7:45pm
post #1 of 13

ok- this is a spin on the recent thread of posting our worst cake photos. that was a gas!!! INSTEAD--- i am just curious, and would like to see everyones first wedding cake. in nervous anticipation of making my first official wedding cake in march, i would love to see your firsts- thanks for posting!

12 replies
coolmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coolmom Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 7:52pm
post #2 of 13

I have not made a cake for an actual wedding yet, but I did make this cake for my sister's shower to use in my portfolio as a wedding cake. It was a lot of fun!
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=coolmom&cat=0&pos=3

Jasra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jasra Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 7:55pm
post #3 of 13

Here's mine, I was really nervous about it!
LL

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 8:11pm
post #4 of 13

bump icon_lol.gif ~very nice pics!

tincanbaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tincanbaby Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 8:30pm
post #5 of 13

look at my photos. I have only one wedding cake, that is my first.

HollyPJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HollyPJ Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 8:39pm
post #6 of 13
darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 8:40pm
post #7 of 13

My first wedding cake is in my photos. My husband assembled it his office where the reception was and forgot to put the feet down on the pillars. It was just a very simple cake, but I loved the way it turned out.

dydemus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dydemus Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 8:42pm
post #8 of 13

Mine is also in my photos - it was actually for a bridal show at my church where members of the church lent their dresses from across the decades since the church was started to be modeled at the show. The cake was four tiers plus two sheet cakes. Wish I had a better picture!

cncgirl00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cncgirl00 Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 8:44pm
post #9 of 13
sdanczak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sdanczak Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 8:54pm
post #10 of 13

My first and only wedding cake are also in my photos. I did it as a gift to my cousin for her wedding. It was exciting and I can't wait to do another one. Good luck on your first!!

Rainbow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rainbow Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 8:55pm
post #11 of 13

Here is my first wedding cake...several years ago. This was long before digital cameras icon_smile.gif

Sue
LL

BakeQueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakeQueen Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 9:04pm
post #12 of 13

Here's a photo of my first wedding cakes. I was rather ambitious when I first started and booked a wedding and a anniversary for the same weekend. I almost killed myself doing it! Boy did I learn my lesson. I also found that I should be prepared with table dressings just in case. When I arrived at the reception hall I found that they had no table cloth for the cake table and they put the store bought grooms cake on the same table as my cake icon_redface.gif . I was horrified! It really took away from my cake. That was 6 years ago. Now I am prepared for almost anything.
LL

cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 9:12pm
post #13 of 13

Here is my first wedding cake! It was for my BIL and SIL's wedding!! They had confidence in my ability and I am proud of what I came up with!

I have a different view in my pics! One of the first cakes I uploaded!!!

Amy
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%