Who Hosts Your Web Site?

Business By vickster Updated 23 Sep 2007 , 5:38pm by weddingsbymindy

vickster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickster Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 4:26pm
post #1 of 12

Yahoo has a small business web site service for about $12/month that I'm considering. Was wondering who you all are using and if you've been pleased with the service and price?

11 replies
sweetness11379 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetness11379 Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 4:39pm
post #2 of 12

I actually design websites on the side and although I'm a yahoo fan I use godaddy.com for hosting and domains. They seem to have pretty good prices that will match or even beat yahoo. I'm sure yahoo's service is fine too but I'm just more familiar with godaddy.com. and yes... although I've done quite a few sites for other people I am guilty of not having one myself. lol

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 4:41pm
post #3 of 12

we've designed our own site but the domain is at pair.com

Erdica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erdica Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 5:36pm
post #4 of 12

Godaddy is our host. We bought a template which my DH doctored up to make my website. He's a computer guy but does more programming and not web based. So he doesn't know how to "design" a website. I still think he kicked butt. I love my website.

vickster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickster Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 8:50pm
post #5 of 12

I worked as a graphic designer for about 5 years and have used some web software. I think I can put together something okay. I'm not up to date on who's hosting and if their services are good. I want to be able to have my business name as a dot com and email with it. Other than that, I don't plan on getting carried away. I look for it as a way for locals to get some idea of what my prices are and what my skill level is. I'm definitely not planning on going national.

SweetArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetArt Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 4:09pm
post #6 of 12

I have Yahoo as my web hosting. I think they're great. I knew nothing about websites when I decided to put one up. I did the entire thing on my own. Their sitebuilder download has many templates to choose from, and their online help is quick too. Here's my site if you want to poke around.

www.SweetArtWeddingCakes.com

beccakelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beccakelly Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 8:52pm
post #7 of 12

godaddy

korkyo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korkyo Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 10:59pm
post #8 of 12

I use web.com for 11.95 a month. I had a bit of trouble getting it set up because I have no real pc skill. They had a help desk but most of the time the persons did not speak very good english which made it frustrating. We did finally get through it all. it's good enough and I like the stats it gives but if I did it all over I'd choose another.

Hippiemama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hippiemama Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 1:40am
post #9 of 12

Hubby icon_smile.gif

CindyM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CindyM Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 3:23am
post #10 of 12

There's also www.doteasy.com.

DecorateMe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DecorateMe Posted 23 Sep 2007 , 2:12pm
post #11 of 12

I also use GoDaddy. I was having trouble figuring something out and their customer service was great!

weddingsbymindy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weddingsbymindy Posted 23 Sep 2007 , 5:38pm
post #12 of 12

I love HOMESTEAD! We have used, register, yahoo & homestead is by far the easiest to use & has the most features at a great price. We will stay with homestead for may years to come. They have a simple editor or you can use the more complex but still very easy to use "sitebuilder" There are no picture restrictions either so we have hundreds of our pictures not the generic fake pictures some make you use. They have a free 30 trial, that is 10-25 packages to choose from. You can choose a real .com name & professional .com email too. We have a mailbox with them that simply forwards to my yahoo email so clients see the pro email but I only have to check 1 mail box.

icon_lol.gif I should be a sales person for Homestead! Let me know if you need pointers using the sitebuilder! Give it a try I know you will love it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%