Wow, I Actually Like Fondant On Cookies!

Decorating By jessieb578 Updated 20 Sep 2007 , 1:22pm by jessieb578

jessieb578 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessieb578 Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 3:01pm
post #1 of 7

I tried for the first time last night, Satin Ice Fondant on the NFSC and I really liked it! I always thought that royal icing was the standard, but boy was the fondant easy. Now I'm going to do the detail decorations on the fondant with the royal. This really saves time and imho, tastes just great. thumbs_up.gif

Any other fondant/cookie lovers?

6 replies
KatieTaylor77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatieTaylor77 Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 3:06pm
post #2 of 7

I do the same thing . . . learned it here on CC to begin with.

I make my own MMF and flavor it with LorAnn oils . . . it makes a huge difference! I usually do this for favor cookies, etc.

jessieb578 Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 5:41pm
post #3 of 7

Yeah I've always been stuck on the whole Toba Glace thing or Royal icing. I just never really thought of fondant being a staple on cookies - now I know better!

Thankfully we have CC!!

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 6:40pm
post #4 of 7

That's all I use. Satin Ice on cookies with RI details. Faster and easier for me than RI, but it does limit my designs.

stellaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stellaz Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 7:01pm
post #5 of 7

I've played with Satin Ice on cookies but I still prefer rbc. Satin Ice looks like play dough on the cookie to me. I've thought about brushing it with luster dust after I'm done. Anyone else have a dull look to the Satin Ice on cookies?

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 9:36pm
post #6 of 7

Yep, dull. I'd rather have dull than a shiny cookie. RBC looks and feels greasy to me, and I don't find it easy to make or use. LOL! We are complete opposites, stellaz!

jessieb578 Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 1:22pm
post #7 of 7

I've been playing around with the Satin Ice on the cookies and I read in another post somewhere that after you put the fondant on the cookie and then you kind of lightly rub your palm over the cookie in a circle a few times, it shines up the fondant. I'm guessing the heat of your hand slightly melts the fondant and makes it smoother.

I did it and it did work - they're not as shiny as the royal, but not too dull.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%