Ok So That Was Weird?

Business By CakeMommyTX Updated 19 Sep 2007 , 4:10pm by LaSombra

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 2:26pm
post #1 of 8

I have recieved several phonecalls over the past few days from a company trying to verify employment. They asked if a women (who was not me) was a designer for "Its a Piece of Cake"? I told them no, this is my private cell phone number and I am a SAHM of three boys and I do not employ anyone. However I do have a website exclusivily for the purpose of showcasing the cakes I decorate,by the name of "It a Piece of Cake". The cakes are all made by me and no one else, again I do not employ anyone and am not a business.
So thats wierd, I know I am not the only one with a website by that name but is someone trying to take credit for my work? My phone number is also no where on my site, I have a comment box if someone would like to comment me but thats it. So I'm confused? icon_confused.gif

7 replies
ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 2:34pm
post #2 of 8

My immediate thought was it was your competition checking you out.

I know I've called other bakeries with the pretense of saying I'm going to buy from them, but I really just want to know how much they charge so I can stay competitive.

SO, someone could have just called you wanting to see if you market yourself as a business.

CakeMommyTX Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 2:41pm
post #3 of 8

Thats was my first concern! I told them that I was not a business,so I should have nothing to worry about. It may be illegal to sell my cakes from my home kitchen but its not illegal to make them and take pictures of them for others to see.

rcs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rcs Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 3:32pm
post #4 of 8

But why several calls? That's what strikes me as odd!

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 3:39pm
post #5 of 8

OH, that's true. Maybe on the off chance they really were calling to verify, but had the wrong bakery.

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 3:47pm
post #6 of 8

next time ask what company THEY are from. Tell them that person worked with you and was a WITCH. icon_lol.gif I'm kidding of course, but I would ask who they are.

CakeMommyTX Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 4:02pm
post #7 of 8

I looked the company up and they provide information services, marketing, risk management, pre-employment screening, and background checks for employers. so I am guessing they just got the wrong info from someone, or someone is actually trying to pass them selves off as an employee of mine. I guess it would be somewhat of a compliment if someone wanted to work for me.
I'm still curious where they got my personal cell phone number from though?

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 4:10pm
post #8 of 8

yeah...that's definitely wierd icon_confused.gif

I too wonder how they would have gotten your cell number...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%