Cookie Exchange

Baking By MaraCarter Updated 19 Nov 2006 , 10:23pm by mommabear

MaraCarter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaraCarter Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 9:58pm
post #1 of 9

Hi Everyone,
Im invited to a cookie exchane in a few weeks and Im having a hard time coming up with what type of cookies to bring. The rules are six dozen and no chocolate chip cookies. Anyone have any suggestion or a recipe they would recommend. Thanks

Mara

8 replies
peajay66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peajay66 Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 10:05pm
post #2 of 9

Cake Balls!

(that's my answer to everything these days LOL)

dydemus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dydemus Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 10:08pm
post #3 of 9

I love shortbread cookies - not too sweet and full of butter icon_smile.gif - easy to make too

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 10:09pm
post #4 of 9

You have to bring six dozen cookies?????? That seems like a LOT! I was going to suggest NFSC Sugar cookies (recipe from this site) and decorate them with Antonias74 icing. They turn out very cute! But if it is 6 dozen cookies, that would be a LOT of work for you.... HTH

IHATEFONDANT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IHATEFONDANT Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 10:11pm
post #5 of 9

In the Betty Crocker cook book there should be a recipe for vanilla crispies.

Easy to do and delicious!!!

And if you have kids they can help. After you put the dough on the cookie sheet you flatten the dough a bit with a flat bottomed glass dipped in colored sugars. They love to do that part. icon_biggrin.gif

elvisb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elvisb Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 10:12pm
post #6 of 9

I'm not a fan of making cut outs, but I make sugar cookies just like drop cookies so they come out round, then decorate. People are so thrilled with the decorations they don't even notice they're not a shape.

A really big hit for me is to mix choc cake mix, butter, and eggs to make the cookies, then when they cool, spread them with a mixture of cream cheese and powdered sugar and stick together like a cookie sandwich. My family calls these homemade oreos. Very easy.

peajay66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peajay66 Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 10:12pm
post #7 of 9

If it HAS to be cookies (and can't be cake balls) my faves for the holidays are Spritz cookies. Yummy and make a ton.

Second in line are Chocolate crinkles. You know, the chocolate ones that are rolled in powdered sugar then baked. They look like an earthquake hit after they're baked. Yum!

My favorite cookie of all time is Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip cookies!

elvisb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elvisb Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 10:13pm
post #8 of 9

I don't think 6 dozen sounds like a lot. Most of my recipes make 4-5.

mommabear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommabear Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 10:23pm
post #9 of 9

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%