B. Keith Ryder Pulled Sugar Class In St. Louis

Sugar Work By pattycakes4 Updated 9 Feb 2007 , 6:09pm by sugarnut

pattycakes4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakes4 Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 6:31am
post #1 of 7

B. Keith Ryder, president of ICES will be teaching a hands-on blown and pulled sugar class on Saturday, April 28, 2007 - 9am. - 5 pm
Class will cover cooking sugar, coloring and flavoring, pulling, basic blowing, and creation of a display piece (flowers, bubles, leaves, bow, ribbons, etc.) and work with both sugar and Isomalt.
This is the day before the Missouri ICES Weekend of Sharing on April 29-30, and then followed by 2 2-day classes taught by Nicholas Lodge on May 1-2 and May 3-4.
Some of the demonstrators are Nicholas Lodge, Norm Davis, Steven Stellingwerf, Joe Bushnell, B. Keith Ryder, Carol Webb, Eliziebeta Frys, Kathy Scott, Lee Ann Hagel, Mark Seaman, Ruth Rickey, and Vicky Harlen
for more information go to www.pat-t-cakes.com and click on Mo. ICES Weekend of Sharing.

6 replies
daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 1:30am
post #2 of 7

BIG bump to let people know this

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 6:35pm
post #3 of 7

wow, I hope I can go to the blown and pulled sugar one!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 6:47pm
post #4 of 7

icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif want to go and DH said NO, we don't have the $$$. Darn him! I know he's right but I really want to learn this!

tracy702 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracy702 Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 10:02pm
post #5 of 7

Nick Lodge Gumpaste Class is FULL but there is room in other classes and we would like everyone to come!

So I am giving it a bump to inform everyone. Mark your calendas.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 4:10am
post #6 of 7

BKeith taught 3 sugar classes at the FL ICES Mini Classes. I took all 3 and you can see the results in my photos. I'd taken classes at Wilton about a year ago and I enjoyed the refresher and I also learned plenty of new stuff.

Keith is a ton of fun and his classes are so reasonable in price--if you think you have any interest in this area, go for it. You'll learn a lot and have fun, too.

Rae

sugarnut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarnut Posted 9 Feb 2007 , 6:09pm
post #7 of 7

there is also a Mid Atlantic Cake show coming up from ICES on March 10-11. Not quite as long as this day of sharing, but Keith, Nick Lodge, Colette Peters and many others will be there as well. It has the same general set up as the OK Show that's always on the food network, with the Wedding Cake Comp, plus they have lots of other divisions, and they're having demos for kids this year, too. It was great last year!

http://midatlanticcakeshow.com/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%