Chocolate Cake / Frosting Decorating - Suggestions Needed

Decorating By born2bake Updated 22 Sep 2007 , 8:01pm by born2bake

born2bake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
born2bake Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 12:40am
post #1 of 10

I'm looking to get a little fancier making chocolate cakes and decorating them. Can anyone please recommend a book that is great with detailed explanation and pictures. Websites, videos would be welcomed too.

Thank you!

B2B

9 replies
texasseegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
texasseegirl Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 8:09pm
post #2 of 10

I don't have any suggestions but here is a bump for you and welcome to CC! icon_smile.gif

born2bake Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 11:19pm
post #3 of 10

Thank you so much for welcoming me. I'm addicted to CC but at least this is a healthy addition icon_wink.gif

b2b

texasseegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
texasseegirl Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 2:11am
post #4 of 10

Your welcome! icon_smile.gif

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 2:25am
post #5 of 10

there was a really cool looking one on overstock recently.... ill go look!

ckkerber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckkerber Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 2:26am
post #6 of 10

I don't know of any books that devote themselves to chocolate cake decorating but have you done a general search in the galleries with the keyword "chocolate buttercream" or "chocolate fondant"? I bet you find all the inspiration you could ever want right here!

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 2:28am
post #7 of 10

OOOOOh here it is! yummy!

http://www.overstock.com/Books-Movies-Music-Games/Chocolate-Cakes-for-Weddings-and-Celebrations/120547/product.html

I don't actually have this one but I have it in my cart! icon_lol.gif It has been in there for about 2 months!! icon_lol.gif

pmw109 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmw109 Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 2:32am
post #8 of 10

I saw a book awhile ago, I tink it was the chocolate bible and it had a ton of recipes. Definitely google chocolate cakes and I'm sure you will get a tons of ideas.

PS welcome the CC.

Dixiegal01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dixiegal01 Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 2:44am
post #9 of 10

Welcome to CC born2bake! You'll love this site, great scenery and wonderful people!! I have to agree with ckkerber, do a search and you'll be able to find anything, so much inspiration on this site icon_smile.gif

born2bake Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 8:01pm
post #10 of 10

Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of you. I'm a certified CC junkie. I can't believe I found this website only a few months ago. And the information I find is a wonderful overload. Every posting I've done I've received great information and everyone is wonderful.

Again, thank you!

b2b

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%