"blondie" Cake?

Decorating By CherryBomb Updated 18 Sep 2007 , 10:52pm by nicolevoorhout

CherryBomb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CherryBomb Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 9:34pm
post #1 of 2

I just got a call from a customer asking for what I believe would be a batch of blondies (the lighter version of brownies) for his bossess birthday. It seems that he doesn't want them cut into squares so it would look more like a sheet cake. I am at a lose here. How on earth would I decorate something like this? What flavor frosting could compliment this rather odd request? Does anyone have a recipe that they wouldn't mind sharing?

1 reply
nicolevoorhout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicolevoorhout Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 10:52pm
post #2 of 2

If the want blondies instead of brownies, I would consider going with a white chocolate ganache or a white chocolate buttercream (ganache being cream and white chocolate and with the buttercream I just melt the appropriate chocolate and add it to the buttercream - I use Toba Garratt's Decorator's Buttercream Recipe). Don't be scared, I make Brownie "cakes" all the time, and even cover and decorate in fondant, so you can pretty much treat it like a cake if you want. Or for something simple drizzle different chocolates over the top for a simple but effective marbled effect.

HTH.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%