Eletion Cake Ideas???

Decorating By makenice99 Updated 19 Sep 2007 , 6:47pm by makenice99

makenice99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
makenice99 Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 5:44pm
post #1 of 6

I was just offered a chance to get my cakes and cookies brought outside of family and friends. It for a fund raiser that my nephews school is having on Election Day. I donate the cake and they sell by the slice and keep the money. However, other than flags and Red, White & Blue I am have no cute ideas. Any suggestions on cake designs for and Election theme?

5 replies
kwdonlon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kwdonlon Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 5:51pm
post #2 of 6

Donkey & Elephant!

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 5:53pm
post #3 of 6

Will there also be a school election that day?

How about an election ballot? Here in MO we still use the little booklets. You could do a booklets w/the candidates names and or however their ballots will look.

A sheet cake with a cute "Election 2007" (like the ones that they use on the news) would also work - and a sheet cake would be much easier for them to cut and sell.

lanibird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanibird Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 5:54pm
post #4 of 6

How about a drop-in-the-slip-of-paper ballot box? Maybe decorate the sides with the stars and stripes and have a fondant/gumpaste "ballot" sticking out of the "drop slot"?

Nikki_B Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nikki_B Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 5:59pm
post #5 of 6

I like a simple ballot box.. maybe on the front it can say VOTES and one each side you can put a donkey and then an elephant, so like one side has the donkey and one side has the elephant.

makenice99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
makenice99 Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 6:47pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks you all those were great ideas. I can't wait to start baking.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%