Help! I Overbaked The Cake! Can I Make It Moist Again?

Decorating By michellejohnson Updated 18 Sep 2007 , 9:46pm by eieio1234

michellejohnson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellejohnson Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 1:57pm
post #1 of 5

I baked a raspberry white choc. cake for the bridal show tonight and it is DRY! Is there something I can put on it to make it moist?? Thanks so much!! Michelle

4 replies
nmartin7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nmartin7 Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 2:17pm
post #2 of 5
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 2:20pm
post #3 of 5

Well, you can doctor it with a simple syrup:
(Includes recipes, ideas for flavoring, techniques for applying, and more.)

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-65643-.html

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-55178-.html

HTH

hsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hsmomma Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 5:22pm
post #4 of 5

I've never tried the simple syrup like suggested above...sounds like something I may have to do sometime. I hope it works for you.

Personally, I would try the syrup if it were for my family or friends that would give an honest opinion. If it were for a Bridal Show...I wouldn't chance it. I would only stick with recipes I personally have done a gazillion times. That way it is a true showcase to what the Brides can expect with their cake. That's just my opinion though. There are a ton of ways I've "saved" cakes over the years. But, for my Brides...I would start over from scratch.

eieio1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eieio1234 Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 9:46pm
post #5 of 5

Simple syrup might work depending on just how overbaked it is and how much of it is overbaked.. I had a quarter sheet cake that somehow overbaked on one corner, it was a low side, and I simple syrup'd it and it came out just fine.... but that was just one corner, ya know??

Do you have time to make another?? Let us know what happened with it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%