First Fbct

Decorating By dakjack Updated 20 Sep 2007 , 11:53pm by ljudd1969

dakjack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dakjack Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 7:36pm
post #1 of 14

OK , I cant seem to attatch the photo after SEVERAL tries, so I was hoping that some of you wouldnt mind looking in my photos at the sheet cake with the orange 1970 Nova on it. It was my first FBCT and I would like some honest feedback.
Thanks to all who take a peek.

13 replies
MissCathcart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissCathcart Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 10:22pm
post #2 of 14

You did a lovely job. I don't know how you could have done any better. I know I'm hooked on them. I'm making a bunch and stocking them up in my freezer

Here's your picture: http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1046253

dakjack Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 4:13pm
post #3 of 14

MissCathcart thanks for attatching the pic for me , for some reason I wasnt able to do it.
And thanks for taking the time to look.

shanzah67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanzah67 Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 4:19pm
post #4 of 14

dakjack, great job and I would not have guessed it was your first! thumbs_up.gif

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 4:24pm
post #5 of 14

Great job, the car looks real cool.

dezzib27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dezzib27 Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 4:29pm
post #6 of 14

You did a good job! My first took me like 3 tries!! You should try chocolate transfers too, they are even easier!!

DiannaSue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DiannaSue Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 4:36pm
post #7 of 14

You did a really nice job, love the cake. I think I will try FBCT, but I don't have the worlds best when it comes to patience. You did good.

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 4:43pm
post #8 of 14

great job on your FBCT

vonnie99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vonnie99 Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 6:52pm
post #9 of 14

That does look good. Can I ask, how long did it take to make it? I'd like to try one but based on the tutorial I read, it seems like they are very time consuming - what was your experience?

dakjack Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 1:17am
post #10 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnie99

That does look good. Can I ask, how long did it take to make it? I'd like to try one but based on the tutorial I read, it seems like they are very time consuming - what was your experience?

It actually didn't take nearly as long as I thought that it would, I don't know for sure the length of time as I was not really watching the clock. It was really fun and much easier than I expected. I just printed the photo out in "coloring book" on my print program .
I used the tutorial by Dawn Griffin. It seems like a lot of steps but as you do it , it really is kinda easy.

Bulldogger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bulldogger Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 4:33pm
post #11 of 14

I'm a newbie (very newbie) here. Thanks!

ljdills Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ljdills Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 3:15am
post #12 of 14

Great job !!! You would never know it was your first.

cakecastle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecastle Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 12:42pm
post #13 of 14

You did a great job! Much much better than my first (and only, lol) try came out. Mine was too thick for some reason and took me forever.....I ended up having to add a border around mine icon_sad.gif . You've inspired me to give it another try!

ljudd1969 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ljudd1969 Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 11:53pm
post #14 of 14

looks great. it's fun stuff huh?!? i just did my first one too and loved it. i'm just waiting for the chance to do another one.

Quote:
Quote:

Bulldogger
What does FBCT stand for?

frozen buttercream transfer. check out the wonderful list of cc acronyms. they really helped me a ton when i first found this site. i've got this bad boy bookmarked cause i've had to refer to it so often!
here's the link:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-2926.html

welcome & hth (hope that helps!) icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%